It was delivery day today... (mirrorlink question)

After a long wait, I finally took delivery of my Superb today. It's an SEL Exec Combi Tdi 150 and its fantastic.

Went for Business Grey and it really does look great.

For some reason I was missing the torch/light in the boot, but my sales guy acquired one from another car in the showroom.

So far have only done 40 miles, but have a long trip planned tomorrow to get some miles on it and more driving experience.

Tried both Android Auto and MirrorLink and found the latter a better experience as more apps seemed to work through the in car screen. Was weird seeing YouTube on there...

I have a question though, when using MirrorLink, is it possible to turn the phone display off? Every time I tried, it would sever the connection and show a message about having to unlock the phone again...

post-136509-0-35027100-1458423159_thumb.jpg

That's interested. As I also try both and weird for me I don't see anything on screen w when I using Mirror link. Phone screen is totally off. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Maybe that's the phone itself. Anyone with Galaxy S7 edge try it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Arex

same problem with Samsung Note4 :(
guessing phone's resolution is too high

also i can't connect to SmartGate,
there default pasword is last six of vin, but phone doesn't accept that short passwd

@MartiniB

However AndroidAuto working quite well. Weird. Can use google maps, calls, Tunein, and few other bits. Obviously I definitely will prefer MirrorLink, but really can't use it.

That's shame a bit really.

I'm using the Car app that comes as default on my phone (HTC One M8). It defaults to landscape and is meant to be used when the phone is docked in the HTC car cradle. When connected to the car, the app fired up on it's own and worked fine.

Will do some more investigating. I plan to make a video and post to YouTube at some point.

• Like 1

Was it you I saw yesterday on the A505?

No, was down at Bluewater yesterday. Nice drive down actually! Managed 51.8mpg. Car only has 145 miles on it so far too! Edited by r08shaw

LG g3 and g4 aren't compatible with mirror link I'm afraid. At least my wife's g4 is not.

G4 works fine on Android auto

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

and following the G3 update today to MM, G3 also works now :)

Double bonus day for me.. phone firmware upgrade and a new car !

• Like 1

I didn't tell that it's not working at all. Just not with Mirror Link. Android auto works perfectly from day one on G4. Just don't have mirror link capabilities which a bit shame for that good phone.

Anyway. Galaxy S7 edge have Mirror Link but also suffered with issues I describe earlier. At this moment I'm using it also with Android Auto.

I hope someone of this forum finally figure out how to force S7 to work correctly with Mirror link.

Hmm. I thought that android auto works that way and mirror link just mirrored phone screen. In that case I think Android auto is better solution right now

• Like 1

Yes. Both only have certain apps they support. But AFAIK mirror link is more limited. Android auto for example supports Google maps, with mirror link you need sygic and it won't work when you start moving.