190 @ the wheels

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good matey :thumbup: torque??

You don't get that. As it pretty much matches Jabba (according to Neal), we can say the good side of 350 lb/ft still. (I officially still say 360 but it was in exceptionally cold air)

Wait a minute, wasn't it 220bhp?

Yup, still is. ;) At the flywheel though. The RR I went on only does at the wheels power, so due to transmission losses, you need to add about (for TDIs) 15% on. Never possible to get the transmission losses spot on as it varies from car to car, but Neal said 220 at the fly is realistic given what it did there. :cool:

(so for example if your car is 125 at the flywheel, you'd be lucky to see much over 105ish at the wheels on the RR I was on. :))

Fookin brilliant. Even Neal "Mr. 3.2 biturbo Passat" gave it a raised eyebrow and a "fookin' hell" :D

Was in Bridgwater anyway to pick some alloys so as they say, "while in Rome..." :D

Oh and its a bit better now I'm back home and have tyres on the front with some tread. :rolleyes:

Well done' date=' another 7.6 and you'd beat mine, might have to turn the boost up to 1.6 or will I just go for LPG to give me a little more :thumbup:

Mind you mine had 51bhp tranny loss. To get the 197.6.[/quote']

J is talking WHP not fly figures :)

J is talking WHP not fly figures :)

I'm not thick, although I do drive a Fabia, I'm also talking WHP

My car at 1.5 Bar is 248.6 at the fly, then 51 tranny lost giving the 197.6 WHP.:)

Sorry for the lack of clarity in the first post but I thought the last sentence was clear enough.