190 @ the wheels

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

obviosly not' date=' i wasn't calling you thick just mis understanding you.

so what big turbo do you have?[/quote']

It was a VW motorsport unit I purchased from another former Briskodian,

after 1st meltdown I had it re-done by BTN Turbo Ltd, as it was the VW Garrett unit, refurb is quite cheap, now fitted to a larger manifold. Just fitted last week so will have to wait and see. What next torn between LPG injection and diff/SM fly and clutch kit. If your carefull the standard clutch can handle 380lb/ft:rolleyes:

So why did you pm me about some injectors then jason? ;) Next mod should be a quaife mate if i was you, no point of having power if you cannot put it down on the road.

It wasn't me! It was my evil Skoda tuning twin brother! :D

Not sure anyone's developed anything Quaife oriented for the PD130 yet have they? Or at least not the vRS one? I'm still no clearer as to knowing what this is? Strong box with LSD?

It wasn't me! It was my evil Skoda tuning twin brother! :D

Not sure anyone's developed anything Quaife oriented for the PD130 yet have they? Or at least not the vRS one? I'm still no clearer as to knowing what this is? Strong box with LSD?

Ask your friends at JBS or Jabba.;)

It's just the differential, not the gearbox

I'm not thick' date=' although I do drive a Fabia, I'm also talking WHP

My car at 1.5 Bar is 248.6 at the fly, then 51 tranny lost giving the 197.6 WHP.:)

Sorry for the lack of clarity in the first post but I thought the last sentence was clear enough.[/quote']

curious, how are you managing that power figure at just 1.5bar? If you are there must be clouds of smoke,IMO seems a little low.:confused:

curious, how are you managing that power figure at just 1.5bar? If you are there must be clouds of smoke,IMO seems a little low.:confused:

It's because all you guys are running BV39 turbo bodys (standard) mine is a larger turbo body but don't ask which one. LPHV, ( Low pressure high volume i think)

diff? WTF is that? To me it's engine,box,driveshafts. :rofl::o Is it the bit the driveshafts bolt to on the box with the six fook off bolts?

Don't know if your taking the pi55, but yes its the bit inside the rear of the gbox that your driveshafts slot into, :confused:

Don't know if your taking the pi55, but yes its the bit inside the rear of the gbox that your driveshafts slot into, :confused:

No I wasn't ,seriously. :o I just saw it as being engine/gearbox and the driveshafts bolt on to the gearbox, and that's that. Never done research into diffs and what they can do.

BigW - care to tell me more? ;)

BigW - care to tell me more? ;)

stolen from the quaife site

The QUAIFE Automatic Torque Biasing Differential enables your car to accelerate quicker and corner faster.

How? By getting the power to the ground!

The QUAIFE Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions' date=' instead of just one.

With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheel spin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip, along the path of least resistance.

The QUAIFE, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel.

In cornering, while accelerating out of a turn, the QUAIFE biases greater power to the outside wheel, reducing inside-wheel spin. This allows the driver to begin accelerating earlier, exiting the corner at a higher speed.

The QUAIFE also controls loss of traction when the drive wheels are on slippery surfaces such as ice and snow or mud, providing the appropriate biased traction needed to overcome these adverse conditions. The QUAIFE ATB Differential provides constant and infinitely variable drive. Power is transferred automatically without the use of normal friction pads or plates seen in other limited-slip designs.

The QUAIFE'S unique design offers maximum traction, improves handling and steering, and puts the power where it is needed most. A definite advantage whether on the track or on the street.

The QUAIFE is extremely strong and durable and since the Quaife is gear operated, it has no plates or clutches that can wear out and need costly replacement.

The QUAIFE is great for street driving or racing. Racers don't have to put up with locking mechanisms or spools that tear the steering wheel out of their hands when cornering. Because it behaves like an open differential during ordinary driving, street drivers will have trouble telling it's there until pushing the cars limits.

The QUAIFE has been proven in everything from SCCA Rally to Formula 1. It provides autocrossers with such an advantage, it has become "required" equipment for a winning effort. [/quote']

diff_02.gif

Jason,

I'd be really interested to know what mods you have on your car?

That power and 350lb of torque is amazing for a 1.9 diesel.

I have just sold two very heavily modified Saabs, one of which had a Quiafe LSD. Both had a lot of torque, though not quite 350lb!! Time to be a bit more sensible with the Focus ST (I get staff discount, so will be leaving it alone), but I may well be tempted to sort the Fabia out when we come out of the three year warranty.

An idea of approximate costs would be good if that is new or scrapped stuff. Otherwise, just point me to an old posting if it is easier!

Cheers,

Jez