What lamp in my L&K?

Hi!

I really wanna change my headlights, the colortemperature is waaay to low, not like xenon, more like halogen (too warm for my taste). I like 4300-5500 kelvin.

But the problem is that i can't find what socket that's fitted in these!? Not even the Skoda dealer knows... what the...? :D

All they could give me was the spare part # N10721806

Anyone else who thinks the original lights are too "warm" (more to the yellow)? My Octavia 2 has WHITE light in the headlights, original xenon.

And if anyone knows a good lamp to replace, feel free to share a link =)

Car: Superb 3 combi 2016, L&K, full spec, with smart light assist (Bi-xenon)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Another question!

The car was delivered with way too much air in the tyres. I can't find in the manual the recommended air pressure.

Dimensions: 235/45/18"

Anyone knows? =)

Another question!

The car was delivered with way too much air in the tyres. I can't find in the manual the recommended air pressure.

Dimensions: 235/45/18"

Anyone knows? =)

If it's anything like the S2 - the tyre pressures are listed on the back of the fuel filler cap

• Like 1

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392573-s3-xenon-lamp-replacement-guide/

As for what sort of lamp, I am running Philips Xtreme Vision with noticeable improvements over the stock lamp. 

If you want a real jump in colour, I would recommend the D3S Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense (CBI) lamps. 

And +1 for the tyre pressures on the inside of the filler cap. Pull the ice scraper up and the pressures are there. 

• Like 2

As for what sort of lamp, I am running Philips Xtreme Vision with noticeable improvements over the stock lamp.

If you want a real jump in colour, I would recommend the D3S Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense (CBI) lamps.

And +1 for the tyre pressures on the inside of the filler cap. Pull the ice scraper up and the pressures are there.

Thanks! Gonna check behind the ice scraper when i get back home.

So, the lamps... Think i will go for xtreme vision also! I checked the guide and it doesn't seem to be difficult :)

I'm GUESSING that changing bulbs to 'brighter' ones won't do anything nasty to the smart light assist or any other functions?

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Edited by mrBira

Thanks! Gonna check behind the ice scraper when i get back home.

So, the lamps... Think i will go for xtreme vision also! I checked the guide and it doesn't seem to be difficult :)

I'm GUESSING that changing bulbs to 'brighter' ones won't do anything nasty to the smart light assist or any other functions?

Any reputable D3S lamp will have the same wattage (35) and the same luminous flux so there will be no problems with SLA. 

I also used The Osram Xenarc CBI lamps in my last superb and they were also very good with a noticeable jump in colour output over standard lamps. 

That's encouraging. I'm new to the delights of having Xenon lights but would like a "whiter" light. Not sure how the Philips lamps compare colour wise? I'm sure I read they are the same colour temperature, but I may have that wrong?

Check for the lumen output as it will fall as the colour temperature rises. Much above 5,500°K is wasting time as your eyes start to lose sensitivity and the output tails off rapidly. You should be looking for around 3,000 lumen and 3,000 hours of service life - another thing that often falls as colour temp rises.

Be very wary of Chines Copy lamps. They may be cheap but the focus is frequently bad due to the arc and arc capsule not being in the right place.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

Check for the lumen output as it will fall as the colour temperature rises. Much above 5,500°K is wasting time as your eyes start to lose sensitivity and the output tails off rapidly. You should be looking for around 3,000 lumen and 3,000 hours of service life - another thing that often falls as colour temp rises.

Be very wary of Chines Copy lamps. They may be cheap but the focus is frequently bad due to the arc and arc capsule not being in the right place.

Yea i prefere 4800-5000k, it's a good compromise between color and lumen (4300 normaly gives the highest lumen output).

But i think i have diffetent bulbs in my car, it's waaay lower kelvin than my octy with 8 years old 4300k bulbs... Almost like halogen, strange!!