Service due already

Sooty

It's not as bad as the recorded voice of some stuck-up bird telling you to put your belt on and make sure your doors are closed, and have you eaten your greens, and do you need the potty.......!!!

However, it is a bit like speed bumps - we all suffer because of the idiots who do it all wrong when left to their own devices.

It annoys me. When I'm reversing it pings at me - its not illegal to not wear a seatbelt when reversing. I spend a lot of times on airfields doing 10mph on BAE sites and its not the law that I have to wear a belt there.

Its the law that you have to put your lights on at night' date=' but I chose not to have auto lights because I know when its dark, like I know when its raining and I have to put my wipers on. Likewise I know when to put my seatbelt on without an irritating beeping. Its juvenile.

And I'm prepared to give the dealer something in writing saying that I take all responsibilty if I crash without my seatbelt on. And I'll pay more insurance if thats whats needed.

One way or the other I will get it turned off, even if it means I have to take the dashboard out myself and pull the bloody thing out.[/quote']

Can you not just get a spare buckle from a breakers , and stick that in when not on the road?

Mine was the other way around. It flashed up 1600 miles due till service and I was thinking that it had only used half of the litre of top-up oil I got from the dealer. Then almost immediately' date=' the low oil level light came on, so I stopped and put the other half litre in.

No idea if it was Castrol or not, but it as from the dealer and had a Skoda label on.

I'm happy to get this service done (as I'm not paying for it) but will be unhappy if its due again within the next 15k miles.[/quote']

The handbook does suggest that a top up with anything other than the required super dooper long-life oil will throw the variable servicing out which senses the oil quality. The correct Castrol oil should not affect it and presumably a Skoda dealer supplied and labelled oil ought to be the right stuff. Think I will try to get the exactly recommended Shell spec. before I top mine up as I am hoping for a long service interval given that most of my mileage is long distance motorway driving.

Hi,

10k in 2 months - I was amazed to have to add 1 litre of oil AT 6K... old Picasso I never added oil to at all in 120k miles!

Do Octys continue to drink oil? I really like the car (company car 1.9TDI estate) but think it should have a bigger tank, and drink less oil!

Goodness knows when it will tell me it needs servicing... someone told me 20k???

Cheers,

TonyC

Hi' date='

10k in 2 months - I was amazed to have to add 1 litre of oil AT 6K... old Picasso I never added oil to at all in 120k miles!

Do Octys continue to drink oil? I really like the car (company car 1.9TDI estate) but think it should have a bigger tank, and drink less oil!

Goodness knows when it will tell me it needs servicing... someone told me 20k???

Cheers,

TonyC[/quote']

When you consider the amount of oil some of these PD engines seem to drink, is it any surprise you can get 20k between services. By the time you reach 20k, 2/3 oil could have been changed through top ups anyway.