Another "normal" noise.

Oh well, had to happen. Brand new car and already getting checked for a strange rattle. It's odd, sort of like a zzzzZZZZZZzzzzz type noise that goes with throttle use. I think it might be similar to this post.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384189-have-i-brought-a-sewing-machine/

Anyway, started another tsi 90 and it did it as well. Tech said he was going to read all the webinars and check it when cold. Suspects it's one that Skoda haven't issued a fix for yet. #sigh#

It's annoying even if it is normal. You'd expect a new petrol engine to be quiet, not to have people turn and look as it's quite audible outside. Even if it does shut up after about 5 minutes. :(

Be sure to communicate your Concerns and Issuses to Skoda UK that import the cars from Skoda CZ.

Do not trust that Skoda Main Dealership employees are Reporting reported issues to the UK or CZ.

There is far too much of the 'All do that',  while Skoda UK or CZ say, 'WE HAVE HAD NO REPORTS OF ANY ISSUES'.

If all with issues report to the HQ of Skoda UK and in writing and asking for the answer in writing then you start getting someplace eventually.

The Salespeople, Service Managers & desk staff & even the Technicians are often 'Tommy' and the VW Group (3 monkeys) treat customers like Mushrooms.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/378745-high-pitched-sound-from-the-engine

May well email them to make them aware. I'll ask the tech if he'll do the same. I get on quite well with the aftersales manager, so could ask him too.