Owners intial comments on his BMW 140i

vrskeith

14 hours ago, vrskeith said:

So its a facelift after the facelift after facelift, before the 4cyl xDrive truly new 1 &2 series  arrives. 2018/19?

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/its-new-bmw-1-series-and-bmw-2-series

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/19361/bmw-m240i-m-performance-edition-showcases-styling-upgrades

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 21:20, vrskeith said:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/bmw/bmw-m140i-2017-review/

5Star handling given by Car Magazine.? All road conditions? With Xdrive in UK as an option?

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

X-drive is practical but the RWD cars drive better.

Winter tyres at the ready, to calm things down a bit !? in your neck of the woods Aspman.

1 hour ago, vrskeith said:

Winter tyres at the ready, to calm things down a bit !? in your neck of the woods Aspman.

335d is xdrive only. I drove a 330d rwd and it was honestly a nicer car to drive. But just not practical if there is any snow or frost at all.

Very mild winter but there was a little bit of snow just after I got the car and the 4x4 let me crawl up the drive without an issues.

Mate of mine has a 330d xdrive and he reckons winters are really still essential. Big fat run-flats are not good in the snow even with 4x4.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've seen a few M2s kicking around and they are a nice wee car.

I thought Birds only did porsches.

[Clicky click] Birds  135/140 might be running 420hp. That's going to be a wee widowmaker.

Edited by Aspman

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

So Dandanfings a Briskoda member that had a Mk2 Fabia vRS with some 'Interesting' Video reviews & mods, and a Audi S3 with some very 'Interesting' Video reviews & mods is now a BM driver.

BMW throwing some heavy discounting offers at present ,as my son-in-law has just got a X3 with massive discount, as high UNSOLD stocks persist in UK

Much strangeness , the videos of the leased S3 with various downpipes, remap, dynos and accelerations on the private public highway.

The Fabia vRS re-mods after remods & the car always running worse than standard made compulsive viewing.

PMSL when it was advertised on Briskoda as the G/F's car.

eg   (& re not running standard boost = tuning box fitted because the tuner 'APR dealer'  failed to unlock the CTHE ECU....)

Cut off by a BMW just changing lane and so a few years later thinks, must get me a grey BMW coz will suit my driving styleeee

Edited by Awayoffski

Watched some of Dandanfings videos.

Agree with a lot of what he says, but I get nothing near 50mpg, think the suspension is ok but the brakes are underpowered.

What was more of a shock was that his standard car made 340hp on a dyno. That's 27 up on the book.

[clicky click] 335hp+ seems to be the norm for the 335d. No wonder the bugger feels so fast.

Edited by Aspman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Joe configuring his new special shadow edition M140i -perks of a YouTube celebrity vlogger / salesman for BMW dealership at Heathrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heathrow BMW - Dealership breathed on with the help of Motech, M140 I Shadow Edition.

Prices shown in vlog.

Edited by vrskeith

Advantage of having painted alloys not the diamond cut that dissolve in water.

My radio buttons have split again. Stupid little things but it does put you off the brand.