Silver or Red vRS ?

Red is v. nice and what I went for this time. It's an even nicer shade of red than the previous shape (Y) Megane Coupe I had a few years ago, which was also red. Also seems a better quality paint imho. After a wash and wax it comes up looking really nice... a mix of classy and sporty rather than boy racerish if you ask me.

My only niggle is that the black tar spots show up. I had forgotten about them showing up on red cars because after the red Megane I had a black 3dr civic, followed by a cosmic grey CTR, neither of which showed them up. Black was a mutha**** to keep clean, looked great for about 2 minutes after a wash and wax but not practical for keeping clean if you like your mota to look nice and clean & shiny. For me cosmic grey was the perfect colour... looked good clean or dirty that did and would have been my 1st choice if similar colour was available on the vRS.

So get yourself a red one, and with the money you save on non-metallic paint but yersel a Meguiars clar bar detailing kit and polish to avoid tar spots and fading paint :)

Black Looks Great! Pain to Keep Clean! If I hadn't have had a black car before I would've gone for this colour!

Silver Looks non-descript and IMO doesn't suit the car, and HOW many Silver Cars are there on the Road!

The Yellow is a horrible pale Yellow! If it had been like VW Nugget Yellow or Porsche Speed Yellow then I would've gone for that, Plus you can paint your alloys black or Anthracite and it will look ace on a Yellow Car! Saying that they would look good on Silver and black cars too!

Red is not Boy Racerish....How do you figure that????? The paint is quite soft though (Mine has a few scratchs that really pi55 me off) but it Gleams when Polished! Modern Reds do not fade as bad as the old VW Tornado Red (Pink) did in the 80/90's!!!!

I'd pocket the £300 Saving and go for Red! Spend the rest on a Remap!!!!

I think they should have a Met Blue a la R32....that would look Sweet!!!!

Red is cheaper.

Black shows the muck (and I know - yuk)

Personally I would have prefered Sahara Metalic but Skoda have kept the colour choice rather small.

So Silver would have been my choice - had I had one.

Look at the ads for new cars, manufacturers seem to have a bias towards Silver cars, they generally make the car look better & are pleasing to more peoople therefore easier to sell second hand. Also re repairs, if its a decent bodyshop it wont be a problem, Ive seen Red cars that are more than one shade.

Silver also looks clean for longer.

Black cars have to be kept clean to look good & when clean show every little scratch

i have a red one and to be honest i cleaned it the other day and my god i was mortified, the amount of stonechips i noticed was shocking, i was thinking it had soft paint but dont understand why in this modern day that should still be a problem, am sure someone will go all technical on me and explain, but really they should sort that out by now, cant skoda repaint them under warranty for it being `defective` paint :)

Would be between black or silver for me. I'd happily have had either, but I found a black one first! :)

It's a shame about the limited choice, but I can understand why they've done it. Given the chance I'd have Gunmetal grey, or possibly a midnight blue....

Steve

Red, classic hot hatch colour, looks the part on cars of this type think Mk 1 Golf GTI for example, and they come up a beauty when cleaned.

However, the car looks stunning in black, cool in silver and funky in yellow - its easy to get to hung up on colour (as long as its not pink or something like that) at the end of the day its about the way the thing drives.

Had a red one and its a mighty fine colour when clean. Question is what will it look like in a few years if you dont give it constant attention. Do think the day of the silver car has gone, too bloody many. Would go black if I was to get another

I think with red, it's a colour that will end up looking the worse if the car is neglected.

If you wash it fairly regularly and wax a couple of times a year, I feel sure it would still look as good as black/silver/yellow/any other colour years from now. If I'd have bought new, I would have been tempted to get a red one and save the metallic option price for something else :)

Steve

i have a red one and to be honest i cleaned it the other day and my god i was mortified, the amount of stonechips i noticed was shocking, i was thinking it had soft paint but dont understand why in this modern day that should still be a problem, am sure someone will go all technical on me and explain, but really they should sort that out by now, cant skoda repaint them under warranty for it being `defective` paint :)

You could look for 'cracking' paint scabs....I had them on basically almost all over the car, so I had it all resprayed under warranty :D Remember...10 years on paint!