octy max power, what is it ?

i ross

The simple answer is - No.

The best thing you could do would be to fit a Leon Cupra R or Golf Anniversary Edition 6 speed gearbox and drive shafts. You'd also need to be looking at a kevlar clutch and quaife diff. I suppose you could even look at a quaife gear box. http://www.quaife.co.uk

You'd possibly need to look at balanced H section con-rods, crank bearings, new pistons, oil cooler(s), head gasket etc.

Maybe you could even bore it out to 2.0 ? How much of the £10k do you really want to spend?

that doesnt sound silly money, could the gearbox be changed to the audi one with paddle shift which should be able to handle the power ?

Are you talking about the DSG boxes or the Tpitronic based ones?

It is highly likely the DSG won't be able to handle the torque ATM.

For the Audi Tiptronics box....would they fits and if IIRC all Audis have longditudinal engine arrangements.....which I assume the box goes onto the end of...whilst Skodas have transverse arrangements.

The 6 speed boxes from Golf Anniversary will fit and is well upto the task.

Would say although you can have the internals upgraded they aren't necessarily a requirement.....mine pushes out 335bhp using 1.3bar all on standard internals.....it's been mapped to take this into consideration. But I don't uses this setting all the time....generally day-to-day driving I use the 0.7/277bhp setting. However if you're going to use the max performance all of the time then it's wise to do internals.

LSD from Quaiffe or Peloquin should also be considered with an uprated clutch.

thank you all for the advice, 350 ish sounds good to me , which company would you advise to carry out the mods required ?

Several companies that will do with different routes...IHI-VF34 or GT28, GT38 RS71.

Jabba - IHI

JBS - IHI/GT28

Impossible Performance - GT28

Personally Jabba did my IHI, as well as Stuart_J.

IP did DaveU's GT28 and gearbox conversion.

Hi

Yes our Octavia was running 440bhp without the Nitrous then that would have given up to 100bhp on top.

We are at the moment doing some more work on this.

Ours was running the 6 speed box with a Kevlar clutch and a Quaife diff.

The amount of power that you can get from these 1.8T engines is fantastic.

So with the amount the Mk1 shape Octavia have come down in retail value it could be worth keeping hold of it and doing some mods to your older one.

It is a shame as I personally think that they are fantastic cars.

Sarah

and still have reliable vehicle ?
:haha:

I've seen several running 550+ (without NoS) but they require rebuilds about every 20k. That isn't what I'd call reliable.

I'd say for an everyday driver 350 is "adequate", don't forget you are trying to put it through the front wheels and that will put strain on the drivetrain. 350 in an Octy will see off most things on the road.

:haha:

I've seen several running 550+ (without NoS) but they require rebuilds about every 20k. That isn't what I'd call reliable.

I'd say for an everyday driver 350 is "adequate"' date=' don't forget you are trying to put it through the front wheels and that will put strain on the drivetrain. 350 in an Octy will see off most things on the road.[/quote']

Agreed, I think 350 is more than adequate. as many know I spent a long time researching this & eventually went the Jabba IHI route as I felt IMO it gave a more driveable car

Also max power means sod all, its that spread of power, how early it comes in, whats the turbo lag etc. A big wide powerband with good torque will give a very quick every day car thats easily driven. my Octy with 225 bhp was quicker on the road than my previous 300 bhp Impreza.

Max power figures are great on the rolling road if thats what floats your boat & always look good in adverts & the max power mags but it dosent neccesarily make a driveable car.

On the last cannonball I was running 250 bhp & yet apart from the long straights the 600 bhp Supras got in the way whilst they waited for the turbo to spin up.

Take care to choose something that gives a nice car to drive, if your car is still stock have you thought of a lower figure, A decent custom map, Exhaust & intercooler should be getting you close to a reliable 250 bhp & reosnably cheaply

If you spec the Exhaust & Intercooler correctly they can be re used should you go for more power.

As for Nitrous, Kin expensive to run & really for the max power boys IMO, Also causes some spectacular engine failures

Stuart

allready running with generic re map ,full miltek ex ,carbonio cai and fmic.

Suggest you initially talk to whoever mapped your car to get their thoughts, then chat to a couple of other companies for comparisons & get a few map print outs to look at & compare how smooth & wide the curves are. Also ask about fuel consumption if running costs concern you, some use more than others

Good luck, 350 bhp = a lot of :) :)

allready running with generic re map ,full miltek ex ,carbonio cai and fmic.

As minimum you'll need:

big turbo

new downpipe (with or without cat)

custom remap

injectors

TIP

oil lines

manifold (depends on whether adapter is used)

fuel pump

You can reuse the FMIC and CAI.

You possilby could reuse the Milltek dp/cat.

Big turbos = :D :D :D

The beast is running an IP-GT28-71 turbo kit (like what i've done there ;) ) (turbo, manifold, new exhaust, forged JE pistons, new rods, custom remap etc) and with a mere 1.6bar boost it produced over 350 BHP + 440 NM at a recent Brisky RR day.

It's now hits 2bar and after a further bit of investment it's had an 02M 6spd box with an ATB diff fitted by Quaife themselves, ally flywheel and a super-duper carbon-kevlar clutch.

Turbo conversion will cost you under 5k. Internals included.

6 speed gearbox with limited slip-diff conversion will cost you around 3k.

Leaves you a couple of k left over for suspension, arbs, bushes, petrol, new underwear and insurance!

Welcome to the club :D

350bhp in an Octavia!?!?! That would be a handful :eek:

You could blank off first and second gears and still shred the tyres! It makes mine seem a bit feeble. It's good to know that the engine can take it though.

For those of you who have gone down that route, what are the cars like to drive?

For those of you who have gone down that route' date=' what are the cars like to drive?[/quote']

Rather quick. ;):D

IMHO...the IHI has made mine more driveable day to day...very smooth and progressive...but when you want to play.......:D :D .

I have a raised rev limit...7.4k so will hit around 80mph in second....car revs much better. I used mine in low boost for the vast majority of time...0.7bar and around 280bhp....drives very well.

Wet and damp roads can be a bit of problem if you boot it too much...wheel spin but I also have the upgraded ASR softwar from the TT so it's now much more progressive.....it cuts a cylinder at a time as opposed to all of them at once.

Turbo cuts in higher than K03s at around 2.5k and picks up real quick.....this is perhaps a little earlier than the GT28, from what I have experienced. GT28 will give a bigger hit higher up though so, I imagine it evens out.