Piece of cake, 20 min job for an amateur at the most.

I agree - assuming its essentially the same as the Favorit. If I can do it, anyone can. :thumbup:

Surely Halfrauds do a part-ex for around

Mike, buy yourself a Haynes Manual. It covers alternator removal and refitting, along with how to tension the auxiliary drivebelt correctly. You are looking for 10 - 15 mm deflection for correct tension.

i'm sure you're going the sensible route here that these folk are suggesting, i just thought i'd chip in that my felicia alternator refurb from my local garage came to a bit under £130 including labour (and a handbrake reset) so i'd tell halfords to go swivel!

good luck! :)

If thats S4 is still too expensive, try Sutton Autospares in the midlands. I hear they offer good prices. my dads cost around £50 with exchange of the old one (that was for a rover) but im sure they wont be that much more for a felicia. never had to change the one on my felicia so i dont know exactly how much they are

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
;)He's probably sorted it out by now...it was 3 years ago! Good advise though.:thumbup:

It was a good heads up for me, with the same problem today. :) Thanks Ianbarnes, still need help to diagnose my problem, (please look at my thread on this matter).