Octavia III Facelift

On 20/09/2018 at 13:44, VB4Skoda said:

My new 2018 Octavia with bolero head end doesn't have aux in ... anyone know a cheap way to get aux into my head end?

(Please don't ask why - I just really need an aux in)

Any help appreciated - been on internet for days looking for a solution. 

There is a way to route connection form in side. But how I don't know search VW forums. Or just make your life easier and use Bluetooth.

• 4 weeks later...

OK what am I missing?

Head unit is linked to registered Skoda Connect account. Can link to home wifi or mobile hotspot to phone. Bluetooth works fine for playing music etc. But when I try to use the MySkoda mobile app "communication with your car" nothing happens? I'm sat in the damn cab!

App is upto date. Head unit has no updates. But all I see is this on the app.

B2CA32CB-A94A-4CA4-842A-27A31B54E64A.jpeg

Edited by JimmyUK

5 minutes ago, JimmyUK said:

OK what am I missing?

Head unit is linked to registered Skoda Connect account. Can link to home wifi or mobile hotspot to phone. Bluetooth works fine for playing music etc. But when I try to use the MySkoda mobile app "communication with your car" nothing happens? I'm sat in the damn cab!

App is upto date. Head unit has no updates. But all I see is this on the app.

B2CA32CB-A94A-4CA4-842A-27A31B54E64A.jpeg

Realised 13 months ago that Skoda Connect was a complete waste of my time so did not bother extending it after the free 12 months was up.:dry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I recently purchased the new Skoda Octavia 2018 (face lift) and i am just annoyed by the halogen headlights with no HID lens opr anything.

I have been searching online for aftermarket headlights for the facelift skoda and i can't find any shop that sells the headlight enclosure.

Does anybody know where i can find after market headlights?

Thanks.

If Halogen is fitted then to remain legal the only cost effective option is Nightbreakers or some other high-power incandescent offering.

I think replacing the OEM Incandescent unit with an LED isnt cost effective and having seen lots of LED or HID drop-ins blinding oncoming traffic, that isn’t a great idea either.

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/-/-/-/-/?48177022N&0&cc5_847&gclid=CjwKCAjwsfreBRB9EiwAikSUHbcNYjGJVC4WX2UAZgDB92zPgN3FEb7TDDCS9L4nD72Wtbmhu0xGaxoCP28QAvD_BwE

https://www.powerbulbs.com/store/brand/philips

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now the cold weather is here in the UK and I'm getting glass fog, I can see three rings appearing on my windscreen that wont polish/cut out? Difficult to capture on phone camera.

C4F020D6-10AE-4210-989D-AD2BB5184B94.jpeg

7B2A303A-A484-4A89-BD95-1FD21C3663E4.jpeg

AD0E1335-F645-4D65-B680-0EBA1C26D5AC.jpeg

These are much bigger than any potential sat nav suction mounts that may have been fitted by previous owner. The circle in the passengers side and drivers side are in symmetrical locations and height. The one in the centre is lower. There appears to be a triangle pattern between the three circles like it may have been a fitting tool that caused these marks? Just a theory. If you run your finger nail over them you can feel a very slight change in surface. This suggests micro abrasion.

Do you think if I raise this with Skoda they will sort it? It will be difficult to recreate problem if I drop off at garage.

Edited by JimmyUK

Just looking at your photos I thought it might have been marks from the suction cups used to lift the screen into place at the factory but looking at this video it shows the screens being fitted manually with hand suction cups that are not in the same place as your marks.  Has your screen ever been replaced before ? 

• Like 1

I was just about to say that - looks like the screen has been potentially replaced?

I remember a thread on a different forum where somebody was convinced a garage had taken his car home for the weekend as the "suction cup marks" from a SatNav were all over this window. Turns out the garage had found a chip in the windscreen and got a free repair done on it.

On 25/11/2018 at 16:54, Stoofa said:

I was just about to say that - looks like the screen has been potentially replaced?

I remember a thread on a different forum where somebody was convinced a garage had taken his car home for the weekend as the "suction cup marks" from a SatNav were all over this window. Turns out the garage had found a chip in the windscreen and got a free repair done on it.

Mine had the same rings on a brand new VRS

• 1 month later...

As I approach 500 days and 500 hours driving being a 245 owner I am still amazed how economical it is for a high performance vehicle. Still getting 460 miles per tank just commuting, truly remarkable. Average speed increased from 34mph to 39mph hardly any effect on my average.:angel:

image.jpg

On 25/11/2018 at 14:14, JimmyUK said:

Now the cold weather is here in the UK and I'm getting glass fog, I can see three rings appearing on my windscreen that wont polish/cut out? Difficult to capture on phone camera.

AD0E1335-F645-4D65-B680-0EBA1C26D5AC.jpeg

When It's really cold I get this on the top right of the windscreen when your looking at the screen from the outside

IMG_1220.JPG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

29 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

When It's really cold I get this on the top right of the windscreen when your looking at the screen from the outside

IMG_1220.JPG

Wow! How the hell has that happened? Has the sun burnt the tag into the tint?

Mines going in for a shopping list of warranty issues mid January 2019.

1. Circles on windscreen. I'm the second owner so I don't know if the glass has been replaced. These circles are clearly etched in the glass from a suction cup. My car detailer doesn't think they will polish out.

2. Rattle/creaking noises from roof or roof console once car has warmed up. Every bump or turn in the road causes this noise!

3. Buzzing/rattle from the passenger door. Usually sounds once car has been driven, parked then set off again a while later.

4. The passenger door handle has to be fully pulled out before the door opens. Other doors open with very minor pull on handles.

5. Error start/stop system showing occasionally or car always says "power consumption too high" so start/stop doesn't work anymore. - Thought this might be my car cameras causing the drain but after pulling these and switching off everything in the car it stills reads "power consumption too high". What the hell?!

This might seem like minor stuff but this is the most expensive car I've owned and these issues shouldn't be present on a used Skoda managers car! This is the second time it's going in after the driver's door was rattling (door bump/catch was removed and reseated).

Now is the time to see how good the warranty and Skoda customer service is. Not hopefull with windscreen as my local Skoda have seen pictures and agree with me the circles are probably from the suction cups from the robot arm that fitted or moved windscreen around the factory. But they have already suggested this should have been picked up by the Skoda garage that sold me the car when they took delivery of it. They are already muttering that I might have to take it up with them but they are a 4hr round trip away from me and a Skoda warranty should cover me with any Skoda dealer right?

Edited by JimmyUK

5 minutes ago, JimmyUK said:

Wow! How the hell has that happened? Has the sun burnt the tag into the tint?

Mines going in for a shopping list of warranty issues mid January 2019.

1. Circles on windscreen.

2. Rattle/creaking noises from roof or roof console once car has warmed up. Every bump or turn in the road causes this noise!

3. Buzzing/rattle from the passenger door. Usually sounds once car has been driven, parked then set off again a while later.

4. The passenger door handle has to be fully pulled out before the door opens. Others doors open with very minor pull on handles.

5. Error start/stop system showing occasionally or car always says "power consumption too high" so start/stop doesn't work anymore.

This might seem like minor stuff but this is the most expensive car I've owned and these issues shouldn't be present on a used Skoda managers car! Now is the time to see how good the warranty is.

Jimmy if you go over to the Karoq section under 1st gear issues you will realise that the dealer will probably describe all these issues described above as just a characteristic of the 245. They are not as after 18,300 miles I have yet to experience any of the things you have highlighted. Good luck with the outcome everything crossed for a positive outcome.:heartbreak:

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2018 at 14:46, silverden said:

Just looking at your photos I thought it might have been marks from the suction cups used to lift the screen into place at the factory but looking at this video it shows the screens being fitted manually with hand suction cups that are not in the same place as your marks.  Has your screen ever been replaced before ? 

It's a great video offering an insight into how our toys are made. I also noticed the glass is fitted by hand but I think the glass is moved around the factory by robots?

Edited by JimmyUK

4 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

@ JimmyUK 

Regarding the creaking sound from the roof. Do you have a Sunroof. ?

No, this is why its a little concerning. I've tried pressing or holding the roof console parts but they don't make a sound. I'm thinking it could be the roof or roof lining twisting or flexing when car is warm inside.

Or it could be some hidden cables slapping about?

Or its the windsceen moving/flexing on the seals?

Its only started now we have cold weather and I've been blasting the heat up the windsreen. From cold these noises aren't present.

Edited by JimmyUK

4 minutes ago, JimmyUK said:

No, this is why its a little concerning. I've tried pressing or holding the roof console parts but they don't make a sound. I'm thinking it could be the roof or roof lining twisting or flexing when car is warm inside.

Or it could be some hidden cables slapping about?

Or its the windsceen moving/flexing on the seals?

Its only started now we have cold weather and I've been blasting the heat up the windsreen. From cold these noises aren't present.

The reason I asked is I have a Sunroof in my 230 and it creaks like mad. It's been to the dealers and the opening glass part has been removed and they discovered the left hand side of the frame is loose. Its a complete sunroof out,  It needs to go to a body shop to have the sunroof removed, new frame fitted and then resembled. The sunroofs are bonded in from the factory and once they have been taken out they don't really fit properly again and can leak. Its a bit annoying but at the moment it doesn't leak and works perfectly. If it was removed and then started to give me problems I'd get rid of the car which I don't really want to do. It would ruin a really good car so I'll live with it. 

32 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The reason I asked is I have a Sunroof in my 230 and it creaks like mad. It's been to the dealers and the opening glass part has been removed and they discovered the left hand side of the frame is loose. Its a complete sunroof out,  It needs to go to a body shop to have the sunroof removed, new frame fitted and then resembled. The sunroofs are bonded in from the factory and once they have been taken out they don't really fit properly again and can leak. Its a bit annoying but at the moment it doesn't leak and works perfectly. If it was removed and then started to give me problems I'd get rid of the car which I don't really want to do. It would ruin a really good car so I'll live with it. 

Damn. I can see how a repair could be worse than the factory fit but surely if they take care and do it right it should be just as good? It was put in by a man to start with. I know this is always a gamble, it could be worth trying to speak with the body shop and see how they feel about repair. It would give you a better feel for their level of competency.

Edited by JimmyUK

On 19/10/2018 at 23:23, shyVRS245 said:

Realised 13 months ago that Skoda Connect was a complete waste of my time so did not bother extending it after the free 12 months was up.:dry:

Same for me, never used it. 

Car was sat for a couple of days over Christmas break and KESSY didn't work, had to dig out my key to unlock. Does KESSY switch off automatically to save battery?

I know you can deactivate it if car is going to be sat for a while but I didn't activate this.

Also I noticed my car doesn't auto lock if I've forgotten to do it like my MK2 used to. Have we lost this feature on MK3 face-lift or is it because I have KESSY?

Edited by JimmyUK

For auto lock first time I hear, but I can confirm that on kessy FL doesn't lock, shame because yesterday I forget to lock in my yard:sleepy:

I left 7 days car standstill and kessy still worked, how long you left yours? 

Hi!

I bought a Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI last July and I am very dissatisfied with the OEM dipped-beam and main-beam headlamps. I thought the original H7 bulbs are weaks and I replaced them to Osram Laser Nightbraker bulbs but the result is almost same.. My old 1998 Renault Clio's light a nearly better than the new Octavia's lights.. 
Is there any chance to replace the halogen headlamp unit to OEM LED headlamp? I found the OEM PNs on the web: 5E1941015D, 5E1941016D. If I will buy these parts, the local Skoda service can install them without lost the guarantee?

Thank you!

Norbert