1.2 tsi 90 remap options.

fzrkev

Just wondered, if the 90 and 110ps engines are the same bar a different map as people say, why is it then that all the tuning options I can find for it are maxed at about 115ps? Surely if they ARE the same, they should both be capable of about 140? Anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks for that. I'll have a look. I was more looking at tuning boxes, as I don't want to void our warranty. The dtuk,tmc and that German one I can't remember, all only quote the 90ps as going to 110-115. I find it odd that these signal intercept type systems don't get more love than they do. After all, in the bike world, powercommanders have been hugely popular for years. To the point that they are the first point of tuning for superstock racing.

• Like 1

Again, 106ps max. I'm not complaining, as I really should've bought a 110 but couldn't afford it. Just seems strange that it can't go higher using a chip tune. Revo will with an ecu map but that screws me warranty up. Tmc also used to go higher, the old 86ps went to 120 with a box from them.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/279350-fabia-12-tsi-86-tmc-box-tested/

Very odd. May have to place a few calls.

I have the racechip pro2 (in a TSI 110), and the increased power is really impressive. Installation is also easy with two plugs, and I can really recommend this box.

I guess a box cannot get the same performance from a 90 as from a 110 as the base is different. Modifying the chip will give the same result from both engines. at least BSR quotes the same 131 hp for both engines. 

How long does the 5 speed gearbox on the 90bhp last when the engine is chipped?

ISTR the 5 speed is rated for a maximum of 180 Nm torque, while the 6 speed has a higher rating, and used for the 110 bhp version.... or am I making it up/not remembering properly?

Error of some sort on my part, according to:

http://www.skoda-auto.rs/models/new-fabia/Documents/Katalog%20FABIA%20III.pdf

"10.3.2 Five-Speed Mechanical Gearboxes 02T (MQ200-5F) and 02R (MQ250-5F)

The 02T gearbox with production designation MQ200 is designed to transmit the 200 Nm torque.

The 02R gearbox features a similar design. Its production designation is MQ250, and it is able to transmit 250 Nm torque -

this gearbox is used in the ŠKODA Fabia III vehicle in combination with diesel engine."

It seems O2T and O2U are the non DSG gearboxes used in petrol-versions. The are both rated for the same 200nm, only one is 5 gears and the other 6. The O2R used only in diesel and the DSG-box featured in both petrol and diesel is rated for 250nm.