Brighter Headlights (octy) ?

greg2302

Hi folks, finding my standard vRS headlights just don't seem to reach far enough on these dark nights, who's tried what, how much did it cost, where did you get it from ?

Not planning upgrading to Xenons (due to cost) but how about more powerful bulbs, what will the standard wiring take ?

Ta :)

Greg,

Fitted Philips Vision Plus a few ago and I would say they are very good especially for us Jocks who are soon to be living in perpetual darkness for the next 4 months.I also ordered them from the same place as Steve's link and therefore got the blue sidelight bulbs free, very impressed as I recieved my order next day.

cheers

Hugh

I'm using.. Philips Vision plus... which is an improvement..

But I find that the Octavia's lights aren't as bright as my Leon's

on main beam suffering the most..

But driving last night and flicking between low and main beam

I activated both filaments... this makes a big difference, giving

a bigger and brighter spread of light..

Is there any way to mod the main beam switch? to allow the main beam to come on as well as the low???

:cheers:

Dazz

Want to order some of the osrams for the other halfs motor (as I think it's low powered light anyway, and after I get mine then there gonna look pitiful), what fitting does the Furby take?

Cheers

Just thought the handbook is inside, so opened her up and they are H3's for both main and fog, and h7's for low beam. Bit of a bugger as they dont do the vision plus in H3..... May order her some Blue's.... Oh well... Let's see how much a conversion to xenon kit will cost ;)

Real Skoda etc

Trying to decide which ones to go for. Are the Rallye H4 100s or 130s the way to go for an extra fiver over the Osrams or are they actually illegal-per EU regs? Assume the wiring is up to the extra current on the vRS.

Chris

I have halfords xenon gas "white" - big improvement over stock, very clear light and further reach - drove another octy recently (TDI90 courtesy car) and it seemed like someone had stuck dark yellow filters over the lights - seemed awful in comparison.

(sorry I couldn't edit de original message)

" ... But driving last night and flicking between low and main beam

I activated both filaments... this makes a big difference, giving

a bigger and brighter spread of light..

Is there any way to mod the main beam switch? to allow the main beam to come on as well as the low???

Dazz"

ecklad

I don't think that switching both on is a good idea

My theory is that having more light in the proximity of your car will make your iris to close and decrease your ability to see in the distance.

Robert

A couple of years ago I used to own a rover 400 which had terrible lights. After reading an autoexpress test on bulbs I fitted Philips vision plus. The difference was amazing. However my next car was a xsara which had good lights to start off with and when I fitted the vision plus it made hardly any difference at all.I think it depends on how bad your lights are in the first place!