Rear wheel bearing - replacement costs?

I find it funny wheel-bearings die quick on Skoda cars. They should be able to last years. Guess that's another reliability issue.

The bearings themselves are quite dear. SKF do them and thats what I fitted to our Octy vRS. Really easy to do though tbh mate, if you can get the bearings for the right money. :)

Nice to know its an easy enough job to get done at an independents. I wish all this talk of repairs wouldn't go on - I think I can hear a rumbling from the back of mine now which is very different to normal road noise. Shall be monitoring this as the rear bearings have done over 70k in total. :)

What parts did you use? (as already asked)

• 4 years later...

i have a 1.6 fsi from 2006 with 59000 mile and i don,t think that this is normal ......they must last longer then that ...i did only motorway miles and i don.t now what couse this .....and is a horeble noise!!!!!!!!!!!i whent to skoda dealer and they ask for 360 £ but i check with bosh and they ask for 260£ !