Remaps on 95 ron

I just need a friendly insurance broker now that can quote for mods.

I tried Confused.com and the best I got was£760! more than I paid for my WRX import.

Adrian flux gave me a provisional quote of £560 which is a bit more like it, but I do not know the excess on that.

I will have to try Chris knott, when it comes up for renewal in March

• 5 months later...
Hi

I have the 150 bhp 1.8T and was thinking of getting a remap this summer.

I don't plan any other mods and I don't do track days. All I want is a safe increase in power for the 5% of the time that there is actually a clear space on the road.

With that in mind' date=' and the fact that I want to stick to standard unleaded without detting, what sort of power should I be able to get?

Also, who can you recommend near Lincolnshire to do this? I dont mind travelling for a few hours.

Lastly, what sort of hike in insurance costs have people found when doing the same?

Thanks in advance

Mark[/quote']

i had my 1.8T elegance remapped by jabba last october. I went for the generic remap it cost me £375.

It was well worth it. They quted post Remap BHP of around the 206-212 mark and torque was increased to around the 280nm mark.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Get it done, you wil lnot regret it

just realised that i have already posted in this thread, that will serve me right for not reading right to the end. I have had a few beers though :rofl:

Chris Knott sorted me out a good deal on insurance.

35 yrs old, wife on car too, garaged on a night, £480 approximatley.

Get it done !!!!!!!!!!

my standard 02 vRS goes noticeably better on 97/98RON SUL, the 180bhp factory figure is quoted on 98RON fuel, and the manual states that "95RON fuel may be used but with reduction in performance"