Are there any women on this forum apart from me?

I have been reading with interest the threads on the briskoda website and there seem to be very few women writing. Are there any other women out there who have a fabia vrs?

I have had mine for 18 months, done 21000 miles and love it, the best little car I have ever had. I am having mixed feelings about having to change to an Octy 2 elegance estate in March, though i think this also looks a lovely car. I need lots more space because both of my parents have now become somewhat disabled. But I also need economy to travel back and for to work. So I have had to compromise on all fronts.

I am no slouch but sometimes I don't think I drive my little furby vrs to the speeds that it was made for, too many speed cameras for my liking! As I'm now in my mid forties my husband tells me I'm getting over my mid life crisis that made me buy the vrs in the first place! But I have to say I will miss it.

Nice to know I'm not the only woman here. Think I've managed to put this thread on twice somehow, sorry everyone.

Pixi, you will love it, I really wouldn't be changing mine but for necessity. Mine is also black, they do look good.

I have been reading with interest the threads on the briskoda website and there seem to be very few women writing. Are there any other women out there who have a fabia vrs?

I have had mine for 18 months' date=' done 21000 miles and love it, the best little car I have ever had. I am having mixed feelings about having to change to an Octy 2 elegance estate in March, though i think this also looks a lovely car. I need lots more space because both of my parents have now become somewhat disabled. But I also need economy to travel back and for to work. So I have had to compromise on all fronts.

I am no slouch but sometimes I don't think I drive my little furby vrs to the speeds that it was made for, too many speed cameras for my liking! As I'm now in my mid forties my husband tells me I'm getting over my mid life crisis that made me buy the vrs in the first place! But I have to say I will miss it.[/quote']

Katie, am I right in saying you have had 10 posts an a year? Is that a misprint? :rofl:

I have had mine for 18 months' date=' done 21000 miles and love it, the best little car I have ever had. I am having mixed feelings about having to change to an Octy 2 elegance estate in March, though i think this also looks a lovely car. I need lots more space because both of my parents have now become somewhat disabled. But I also need economy to travel back and for to work. So I have had to compromise on all fronts. [/quote']

Luckily, I have the use of both these cars and although the Octy 2 is a very nice car, for me, it just doesn't stir the soul! It's not the type of car that I would take for a drive for the sake of it! Might be different if it was the Octy 2 vRS that is.

Once the novelty of getting a new car has subsided, I feel that you will miss the Furby dearly!:(

Shame we always have to make compromises..... Maybe your husband can have the larger car and then you can keep the Fabia and use his car when you need to give lifts for your parents....

Luckily' date=' I have the use of both these cars and although the Octy 2 is a very nice car, for me, it just doesn't stir the soul! It's not the type of car that I would take for a drive for the sake of it! Might be different if it was the Octy 2 vRS that is.

Once the novelty of getting a new car has subsided, I feel that you will miss the Furby dearly!:(

Shame we always have to make compromises..... Maybe your husband can have the larger car and then you can keep the Fabia and use his car when you need to give lifts for your parents....[/quote']

I'm gonna have to give one of these wee furbies a test drive just to see what all the fuss is about.

Hi

There is me.

Believe it or not but I am female.

I drive a little Felicia diesel.

It not modded.

But I have has some super modded cars , Capri 2.0S , Toyota Celica Supra mmmm and a Nissan 200SX but I kept blowing the turbo`s on that so I got rid.

Had ding dong wi my hubby about which one to go for next.

I wanted the 300 twin turbo , but he wanted the Renault Laguna.

Well what a bag of pants that was.

So I got rid of him and bought a Skoda!

Best move ever!

Sarah

Shame we always have to make compromises..... Maybe your husband can have the larger car and then you can keep the Fabia and use his car when you need to give lifts for your parents....

Unfortunately he won't change his R reg Golf hatch and as we have had that from new and in vgc its worth more to us than anyone else. He doesn't like the fabia vrs, he seems to think its a bit girly, though he was very impressed with the octy estate.