Fabia 1.8 20v turbo

RallyRed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is possible but what's the point really?

Money would be much better spent buying a Cupra Ibiza 180 bhp and getting a Jabba Stage 3 IHI kit on it for 350 bhp or getting the new GT30RS from JBS then you'd have over 500 bhp in a car that really would have a large BHP per ton.

And it would be completely unique and cheaper for a LOT more power.

Anything is possible but what's the point really?

Money would be much better spent buying a Cupra Ibiza 180 bhp and getting a Jabba Stage 3 IHI kit on it for 350 bhp or getting the new GT30RS from JBS then you'd have over 500 bhp in a car that really would have a large BHP per ton.

And it would be completely unique and cheaper for a LOT more power.

I agree with Hellfire (for a change) lol

Whats the point of a 20vt furby? the ibiza and polo are available stock with the same engine.. so it isnt really a "challenge" and its not gonna be any better than what you can buy brand new.

I agree with Hellfire (for a change) lol

Whats the point of a 20vt furby? the ibiza and polo are available stock with the same engine.. so it isnt really a "challenge" and its not gonna be any better than what you can buy brand new.

Well probably 'cos he doesn't want a Polo or a Beeza! But it is gonna be better than buying it brand new, 'cos Skoda don't do a 1.8T Furby.............Thats the point!

If I had the time and money I'd get a front ended vRS, find me a tw@tted TT or S3 and transplant the lot into the Furby! IHI it and you would have a serious Street Sleeper on your hands:D

I've all ways loved the idea of building a fast road petrol Fabia:thumbup:

The problem with the 1.8T is that they're still so popular, hence very expensive:thumbdwn:

I recon a mashed MK3 Golf 2.0L 16valve would be a more financial viable project.

OK, there's no turbo. But there's no lag either, and plenty of tuning mods for them.

Or there's G60 power, VR6 etc.:cool:

In any case, good luck with your project.

Keep us posted!:D

The MK4 Ibiza is mechanically identical to the Fabia. The MK4 comes with the 1.8T in it so all the mounts etc are available off the SEAT shelf.

Fantastic, Just have to sort the 4wd system now:D

The problem with the 1.8T is that they're still so popular' date=' hence very expensive

I recon a mashed MK3 Golf 2.0L 16valve would be a more financial viable project.

OK, there's no turbo. But there's no lag either, and plenty of tuning mods for them.

Or there's G60 power, VR6 etc.

[/quote']

Fair point but It would be very expensive to get 180-200Bhp out of a 2litre ABF motor, Looking at probably

well the octavia does make more sense as it is a little bit heavier and more aerodynamic, much more stable at speed and handles better so to fully answer your question. yes.

Handles better?? even with a proper suspension setup and the shorter wheelbase on a Fabia, less overhangs etc. I think thats a matter of opinion ;)

well the octavia does make more sense as it is a little bit heavier and more aerodynamic, much more stable at speed and handles better so to fully answer your question. yes.

Bit of a sweeping statement bengie! Think a 1.8T Furby would be as quick if not quicker than the equivalent Octy as it weighs less!

And as Bigw2069 says, With a decent suspension kit I bet a Furby could out handle the Bus like Octy!

I think the idea would be great, a 1.8T furby would be a hoot, so hat off to anyone who's done it and those thinking of doing it.

However, personally the money its going to cost i'd rather just buy a better, faster car to start with.

Sorry to state the obvious here - but why not just buy and mod an Octavia VRS ?

cos in a fabia shell it would be loads mor efun.

Trust me i have just got rid of a 230 bhp ibiza FR 1.8T and it was very quick and a lot more of an animal compared to a remapped octavia cos of the size difference.

think a 1.8t Fabia is something Skoda missed the chance on, i also think the Polo GTi is a little bit late to the party too, can't see that being a big seller at all.

also i think you'll find it's not a 1.8T in the WRC car, far from it in fact