cost of a 50,000 miles service??

jamestay1

my 1.4 16v X reg is due for its 50.000 miles service.this would be the first service i've had since i bought it.

i've emailed a main dealer and the former main dealer i bought the car from just now.how much do you'll think they charge ??

or shall i take it to my one man local garage who i can trust with my life but doesn't have a 'computer' to check everything and reset the 'service insp' on my dash ?

where shall i go ?

Hey

Dont even go to the dealers.

The price of the service will be low as this is an intrim service.

Oil and OIl Filter replace with lights levels and checks.

The dealers do not have to service your car now to keep up with the warranty.

As long as you take it to a garage that is VAT registered then you do not even invalidate the warranty of a NEW car.

We have experienced quite a few problems with cars that the dealers have had their hands on.

We have had one today from a dealer.

They had adjusted the rear brakes a bit too much and the brakes was locking up on the rear.

So even at a labour rate of £80.00 ish per hour does not mean your getting any better service at times .

You should be looking £94.09 all in for a service with us.

This includes VAT and OEM parts for the service and good oil.

Sarah