Superdot 4 Brake Fluid

Cars in for it's 2 year/20k service next week and the Brake fluid needs changing. I have had the 312mm discs/pads fitted and I have asked if I can have Superdot 4 brake fluid instead of just Dot 4.....Will this be OK? and will I notice any differance in braking. On the lid of the Brake Res it says "Use dot 4 "..Thanks....Andy

Cars in for it's 2 year/20k service next week and the Brake fluid needs changing. I have had the 312mm discs/pads fitted and I have asked if I can have Superdot 4 brake fluid instead of just Dot 4.....Will this be OK? and will I notice any differance in braking. On the lid of the Brake Res it says "Use dot 4 "..Thanks....Andy
Andy, something I was thinking as the brakes on the Fabia aren't that inspiring, let us know how it goes ? :thumbup: Jon.

Should imagine super 4 will be fine, i run 5.1, day to day its not really that noticable, seems to have a higher resistance to boiling thus can take longer spells of harder braking without being broken down in the same manner as normal brake fluids

Should imagine super 4 will be fine, i run 5.1, day to day its not really that noticable, seems to have a higher resistance to boiling thus can take longer spells of harder braking without being broken down in the same manner as normal brake fluids

Thanks for that I'll try the Superdot 4.......Andy

I didn't have it done by the stealers, it was done by Star Performance to the Skoda schedule as per EU law. :)

If you have a local garage you trust you can have them do it and your warrenty remains intact.

For example someone else on here gets services at a local tuner and has just had several major parts replaced under warrenty.

No problem with super dot 4.

It will have a higher boiling point, so if ever you go on track or really make rapid progress round ring-roads with lots of roundabouts, it can only help.

Under normal conditions, the characteristics are pretty much the same.

You can mix dot 4 and super dot 4 without any problems. But that's not the case with 5.1 - you need to drain if you change from 4 or super 4 to 5 :)

Up to you really.

If you plan to go on track or drive enthusiastically, then I would for peace of mind. I can't say if it's very different feel because I changed to 312mm / Ferodo ds2500 at the same time I changed from standard to super dot 4, so I have no comparison.

For the cost difference, I would, as it's only an extra tenner or so in fluid. Also, coming up on two years, it's probably time to change the fluid anyway, so you decide whether to stick with standard or go with the uprated stuff :)

I have looked in to this before.

If you use your car on a daily basis and do a little off road on the track it is not really worth going on to the dot 5.1

As long as you replace the brake fluid every 2 years as required you would not see much of a benifit with the 5.1

Just use a good quality dot4 and you should be ok

It is to do with boiling point.

Sarah