Wanted the Part No. for oilfilter on the VAG 1.4 tdi pd engine

alankearn

Hi Mate

The part number is 071115562A

Looks like a lollipop

Make sure that the PD oil is used too.

Sarah

My car is a Polo If I go to a nearby Skoda Dealer for one, will the Part No. be the same. Thanks for the reminder of the special oil needed (505.01) if I remember correctly.

Alan

PS

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've just been to my local VW dealer and obtained an Oil Filter for my Fabia vRS. The part number is 071 115 562 A, like Sarah says it looks rather like a lollipop! This was my second attempt because initially they supplied an 074 115 562, which is completely different. I phoned the Skoda dealer who told me that no less than 10 Oil Filters are available, so after quoting my Chassis Number he was able to elimiate 9, which left the right one for me. The oil filter cost me £5. You could phone your VW dealer and ask for the exact part number (via your chassis number) and he too should be able to quote the correct part number. The packaging is printed with all of the SEAT, VW, Audi, and Skoda logos.

I asked about 505.01 oil whilst I was there, and he quoted £12 per litre! When I eventually managed to regain consciousness, and got up off the floor I decided that I was not going to spend £60 on oil, so I went to my local friendly car parts shop and bought 5 litres of Millers XFE-PD oil for £24.

Good question, though I imagine there must be a reason why it's so expensive, and that may be why. I know that fully synthetic oil loses it's lubricity at a slower rate than mineral oil, but the Millers XFE-PD product is good value and has been developed to the 505.01 specification. I may be wrong here, but my opinion is that fully synthetic would be the best choice if you are running on a variable servicing regime, as the oil may need to last 20,000+ miles, and has a good chance of retaining its lubrication qualities during that time, however my vehicle is on fixed servicing so the oil will be changed every 10,000 miles anyway. I believe 505.01 needs to have high pressure qualities to cope with the PD demands, and the XFE-PD must have these to comply with the specification. Am I thinking logically here, or am I being a bit too shrewd for my own good? What do you think?

Hi

There are only 2 filters that it could be 074115562 is now starting to be superceeded by the 071115562A.

These dealers are dramatic.

But I think you will find that all the Fabia PD engines are the 07111 ones.

The 074115562 are the Octavia ones IIRC

The oil if you go to a dealer they should have the PD oil in.

That part number is ZGB115QLB00462 and this retails for £29.71 + VAT for 5 litres.

Hope this helps you all.

Sarah