Right Indicator not working with engine running

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

I wonder if it would be possible to rewire the indicators using on old school flasher unit. I suspect it may be possible. If this happened to mine it might be something I'd consider.

Getting the actual indicators to work that way could be quite trivial. The other stuff, maybe not so.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2019 at 18:34, Tech1e said:

There are three different types of central electrics modules (also known as Boardnetz), technically not a BCM. 

6Q0 and 6Q1, these are interchangeable and will work on any MK1 Fabia. 

6Q2 is a lowline unit and won’t operate things like cruise, electric mirrors and a few other things. 

The five digit code code code from the old one will be enough to get most stuff working the same. There are a few adaptions you can set. Getting a module from a post 05MY car (if memory serves) will get you the three flash comfort indicators (lane change).

Well, just to close out this post. It's All Good News

Thank You, Wino, LightRain & Tech1e for all your helpful posts.

I got a unit off eBay for £25 and a friend came round with his VCDS software and downloaded data off old unit.  Swapped the new unit in and everything worked straight away. (most importantly RHS indicator with car running.)

We then ran a scan on new unit and code on "19. Can Gateway" was the same, but we changed the code on "09. Central Electrics" to match old unit and re-checked car. A-OK.

So, it was a fault on the original unit.

Even with some pub grub for friend & wife, we came in at £130 (including original diagnostic) instead of £500-600. I have donated my time to daughters free or the bill would have been mega.

That's about it - I'm off fishing - and thanks again.

• Like 3