Specification sticker in the boot - will you show me yours.

Hi. 

I have looked ar my sticker and it shows the three wheel sizes and appears to have a dash next to the 19 inch but mine have 18. 

Could someone else else take a photo of their boot sticker so I can cross check. 

I purchased my my car second hand with 18’s on. 

Is anything done or added to the card to accommodate 19 inch wheels (spacers or anything - I’m not very mechanically minded)

Thanks

ryan

3FB22B80-312D-4086-ADF9-F900B114AFFF.jpeg

On the wheel size alone: to my knowledge, the standard R19s (Xtreme) are literally lift-and-shift, and would fit fine. Am unsure about any speedo / odometer revisions that may need to be conducted to adjust for the wheel size, however...

41 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

As above, xtreme wheels are fit and forget. I don’t see a dash though, just the big sractch on the sticker. Odd that it has the R-17 options even though it says RS; vRS cars didn’t come with 17 inch wheels in the UK.

They did come with 17”s in some parts of Europe. Probably just a standard sticker with the relevant part codes on it. 

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

They did come with 17”s in some parts of Europe. Probably just a standard sticker with the relevant part codes on it. 

That’s what I thought. If I get chance I will look at my build sticker tomorrow and see what mine is like. Skoda should be able to tell you what the spec on the car is; if it was supplied with 19 inch wheels from the factory they should know that :) 

14 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

I don’t think that refers to Wheel Sizes.

1) I doubt Skoda measure anything in Inches.

2) The R indicates Radius usually and a 19” Wheel is 19” in Diameter

R is commonly used in tyre measurements to mean rim diameter. The sticker indicating tyre pressures refers to R16, R17 etc in all cars I've driven including Skoda.

Screenshot_20180110-210047.jpg

Metric_Tyre-Size.png

Edited by dkvinyls

The 'R' stands for Radial, which is the tyre construction.

The 3 tyre / wheel sizes on the sticker probably means these are the options fitted to the car. Look at the inside of the filler flap and it gives different tyre types and pressures for the car.

My label does not have dash next to any of the wheel sizes. I suspect your dash is a dirty mark or scratch. 

Pop your registration into BlackCircles or something and it’ll probably pop up with the wheel size fitted from factory.  Not fool proof, but better than what info you have now. 

19's only came as part of the black design pack plus I think - do you have sunset glass and colour maxidot? 

Although these were available as seperate options, they were part of the black design pack plus, over and above the std black pack.

I'm not sure what the option code is for the BDP+ but someone could probably confirm and you can cross reference the sticker.

Using OEM tyre specs (225/35/19), there will be no issues with speedo accuracy swapping to 19's. Nothing else required.

• Thanks 1