Delivery times

cjrp

I also ordered my karoq on 19th Jan.  latest date is build week 16  but even that’s not confirmed. Others ordered after me. And their cars built. Only 3 additions so not difficult to build.  And no-one can provide any reason why

13 hours ago, Karman said:

I feel the same, I am on the verge of given up on it and cancelling, nothing seems to move, I get the same message, customer service and relations is rubbish, and that is the kindest words I can give them!! I will give the  2 weeks at the most I am also going into my dealer next week to see what they are doing to help.

If I were you I'd stick with it, frustrating as it is.

Cancelling puts you back to square one and if you do choose another brand unless you buy from stock you'll have to go through the whole process again.

Ours is still at Port of Tyne, been there since last Sunday so looks like every stage of the process is a drag....

I'm fairly relaxed about it though, maybe wouldn't be the case if it were for me :biggrin:

I do feel sorry for all those that are waiting for extended periods, I think I am fortunate as I have my trade-in car to use so it doesn't matter too much. 

3 hours ago, PETE31SUE said:

I also ordered my karoq on 19th Jan.  latest date is build week 16  but even that’s not confirmed. Others ordered after me. And their cars built. Only 3 additions so not difficult to build.  And no-one can provide any reason why

I have found out that all the different dealers are allocated certain build weeks.

21 minutes ago, Karman said:

I have found out that all the different dealers are allocated certain build weeks.

That could explain why PETE31SUE ordered on the same day as me, but Im scheduled for next week build (Wk13) as opposed to Wk16. Seems odd though.

I feel sorry for all of you who's scheduled delivery has been delayed and extended. As written by others I think you should write to managers / CEO to visualize the delivery problems and the bad communication you experience. 

The first Skoda dealer I visited when I considered to buy a Karoq in January was coarse and aggressive. He was not sure that he could deliver a car with the specifications and extras I wanted, because he had already  placed an order on ten cars (the number of cars he could get delivered within 6-10 weeks) based on his expectations of what the customers wanted. Not one of them was a 2.0 TDI 4x4. He said I had to make a quick decision, because he couldn't guarantee when it was possible to deliver a car, when he had sold the 10 cars he had ordered. He feared the sale of Karoq would end up like Kodiaq: with extremely delayed delivery and finally a stop for sale of Kodiaq in Denmark. It was impossible to discuss the price on my old car or a discount on the Karoq.

The following weekend I went to the dealer where we have bought our Fabia and Citigo. They also had ten cars the could sell with a reasonable delivery time, but there was no problems in ordering just the Karoq I wanted, even in a colour that could give delivery problems. They also gave me 5% discount. The ten cars was sold in two weeks and if I would order a car today it could first be delivered next year. I feel pretty lucky that I can expect my car delivered in two weeks. At the same time I feel sorry for all of you who experience postponed delivery, and hope that Skoda find a way to solve these problems. Its bad for their customers and business. 

Have a nice weekend. 

Edited by Janse
Misspellings
  • Like 2

went to dealers today if i order this coming week i can expect 5/6 month wait. And if ordered a Fabia have to wait September skoda are taking no more orders for them as to much backlog

Edited by skoda1982

14 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

went to dealers today if i order this coming week i can expect 5/6 month wait. And if ordered a Fabia have to wait September skoda are taking no more orders for them as to much backlog

Thats too long. And yet Im pleased Skoda are getting increasingly popular. 

Today I cleaned up my Fabia and took some pictures for a sales ad. Next to the car wash there is a mechanic and a car dealer and because he is selling used cars and have specialized in VW, Audi and Skoda I went in to hear if he was interested in buying my Fabia. He was not interested, but told me that my Karoq-dealer had offered me a fair price. He gave me some good advice if I wanted to sell it on my own hand (as planned, because I usually get a better price) and then the talk turned over to Karoq, delivery time etc. I was pretty surprised, because he told me that he often sold new cars (VW, Audi and Skoda), directly imported from the manufacturer. Next week he receives 3 Karoq - every one of them ordered only 2 weeks ago! He told me that he didn't want to become an authorized Skoda, Audi or VW dealer because his freedom and flexibility would get reduced. Next time I'm going to buy a Skoda I guess I will try this dealer - his pricing was also favourable :)

Had tecthy words with the dealer as no updates since last week. Two weeks ago they told us the car had docked in the UK. Despite the My Skoda app showing "delivery inspection" on that VIN as March 21st, they say the car still hasn't arrived at theirs but are still hoping for a handover this week.

Does anyone know, do the cars get a "delivery inspection" off the boat/on the dock, and would it be logged against the car's VIN?

13 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I think that the “inspection” will be Customs etc., logging the VIN into the UK database? 

That makes sense. Thanks Ernie :thumbup:

So, I spoke with Skoda Customer Care this morning. Turns out that although I may have ordered my car on 19th January it was not accepted by the factory until 8th Feb.  Apparently and I do recall a conversation about this when talking about a test drive, dealers get allocations of cars every month and if they reach their allocation in a month then your order goes onto the next month's order. Makes sense and apparently the lead time for Karoqs have always been 16 weeks so why was I told 12 and others on hear have proved that wrong. Ho Hum. What does p&** me off is I have had to do the digging for answers.

9 minutes ago, GlosJanner said:

.... What does p&** me off is I have had to do the digging for answers.

Haven't gone the SUK route, but that's exactly our experience with the dealer. And when we've got shirty, he's got shirty back. 

On the whole, a different experience from our first two Yeti purchases. Takes the shine off, really :sad:

Afternoon all.

I ordered my SE L in black with family pack and park assist on 13 march. Estimated delivery date on order was 11 July. Dealer updated me at the weekend with an estimated BW20 (14 may). So hoping to have it on my drive late June, which would be about in line with what the dealer said before ordering (16 week wait).

Bad news today my Karoq was due to arrive this week as advised on 6th March by the dealer, so I'm due back from Afghan next Thursday so I thought I'd better touch base with them to see whats happening as I've not had any updates since, and their reply today was "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Etc. etc. etc. but due to the shortage of seats for the Edition model so the build date has been changed with no further update, but may be the end of April".

So it looks like an uncertain time ahead.... :sadsmile:

• Sad 1

Wife's Karoq ordered on 26 March with delivery expected by end June/early July. Dealer seemed certain of this.

Hope so, they have been No 1 UK Skoda dealer 3 years out of the past 4 so I'm hoping they have some influence.

We'll see...

My update today still waiting seats, they are still going through bw9 cars, I may have it finished soon as mine was built on a friday, I would have thought with it being built towards the end of the week should be one of the last to receive the seats for that build week.

6 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Edging closer.....arrived at dealers today ready for Saturday collection.

IMG-20180327-WA0001.jpg

At my trip to the dealers I did see them today

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karman said:

At my trip to the dealers I did see them today

Did you go in person for an update?

As a guide to you I think it took 12 days from finally getting it's rear seats fitted to arriving at the dealers, out of which It spent 9 days in Port of Tyne compound.

10 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

What spec it that Nicky_P? Looks lovely all wrapped up like a present :D

It's a 1.5tsi dsg edition, only extras are heated screen and scuff plates and a space saver spare wheel, pretty well kitted out as standard.

Also having the rear windows tinted further prior to collection on Saturday, prefer a darker tint.

Edited by Nicky_P