Delivery times

cjrp

59 minutes ago, Karman said:

When I contacted live chat they knew it was on the ship and even knew which ship and ships number, then I’ve recieved a call from Skoda UK to say it was dockside UK. I was able to track the ship from leaving Emden port

I stand corrected :) 

Well I’ve just rung DMK at Wakefield for an update.  So it should be at the dealers tomorrow or Thursday and then it’s just got to be PDI and good to go.  So maybe ready for the weekend but I’m not counting on it.  I do have the reg number now though. So it’s a sort of start.  It’s taken a long time to get from the port UK side to the dealers that’s for sure.  

1 hour ago, Madasaskaven said:

Well I’ve just rung DMK at Wakefield for an update.  So it should be at the dealers tomorrow or Thursday and then it’s just got to be PDI and good to go.  So maybe ready for the weekend but I’m not counting on it.  I do have the reg number now though. So it’s a sort of start.  It’s taken a long time to get from the port UK side to the dealers that’s for sure.  

DMK Bfd video called us to say the car had landed 16/03. The reg no was known the following week, but handover wasn't till 30/03 :sadsmile:

Hope you get the car soon. They say all good things etc

14 minutes ago, roydash said:

My Karoq should be with DMK Wakefield tomorrow. Ordered end of January

Ours was ordered 22/01 and handed over 30/03 at DMK Bfd.

1 minute ago, roydash said:

Mine was ordered 1 week after yours but has been at Grimsby for 2 weeks now

Same here. Landed 16/03, received (we were told) 29/03, handed over 30/03.

17 hours ago, Michael G said:

Let's not go there.

Rubbish that. I lost a months on my polo, they said they couldn’t have it into the next month because of a stocktake :dull:...won’t let happen again. It will be tough luck next time lol.

Edited by MarcusKaroq

"Financial year end" for us. The car landed one week, was regd following week, but they weren't (I think) ready for the handover till the next week. I don't want to think about it, but in the big scheme, it is what it is :whew:

I have just been made aware of this site so apologise if I am bringing up something that has already been covered.   My Karoq was ordered in the last week of January. The only information I have received is Build Week 16. When is build week 16 and what possible delivery date could that be indicating.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coburg said:

I have just been made aware of this site so apologise if I am bringing up something that has already been covered.   My Karoq was ordered in the last week of January. The only information I have received is Build Week 16. When is build week 16 and what possible delivery date could that be indicating.

Build weeks are here:

https://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/2018

So your BW16 is w/c 16/04.

Subsequent delivery dates after are a little more uncertain. As a guide, from BW ours was 5 weeks to actual handover.

20 minutes ago, Coburg said:

Mine is build week 20 5 weeks away so yours my be this week or next

Coburg. I have build week 16,which is next week,w/c 16 April. Mine is supposedly a confirmed build for that week.It’s then 3-4 weeks to get transported from factory to dealer.   Though some have been quicker.  So working on mid to late May for delivery. Any sooner is a bonus.  But as I ordered mine on 19th %January,it can be a long wait !!!!!!!

Coburg spoke to Sarah today.  They are saying possibly tomorrow now.  Not sure if each dealer gets a certain number of deliveries each week. It does seem to have taken longer to get from the port in the uk than it did from factory to the ship. I’m hoping now for a Saturday collection.  But I won’t bank on it.  

3 hours ago, Coburg said:

I ordered 7 February in week 6. Was first told that the car would be delivered in June. Two weeks later the dealer told me that buildweek was 12 and that it probably would be delivered in week 14. It was build 22 March in week 12, 26 March factory control took place and the day after it was put on the train to Denmark. The delivery is 1 week delayed. The dealer got it today, and its going to have a dinitrol treatment and some extras mounted. On Friday I can collect it :)

Edited by Janse

Finally got a reply today to my email to Skoda customer services, which tells me my car is at a UK port (which I already knew). Also, saying that hopefully by the end of this week they (presumably the port) should be able to call my dealer. I am assuming that this will be to tell the dealer that the car will be delivered at some point. May is looking ever more likely for the eventual handover of my car.

Ordered mine 8th January, built 23rd February I believe - so there may still be hope

At last, my BW8 1.5 Edition has been released from the factory (6 weeks late)

I am looking forward to building up enthusiasm for it again!

• Like 1