Delivery times

cjrp

49 minutes ago, Karman said:

Yesssssssss, I have just contacted the dealer, after trying to get info from Skoda UK who refused to tell me because my complaints manager is on holiday and told me I would have to wait till Tuesday when she’s back to work. Anyway it is now showing it was built yesterday and is now on the train to Germany.

Fantastic! Great news! 

On 20/03/2018 at 15:19, Karoq said:

Ordered Karoq Edition on 28/01/2018. Now at Emden. Looking forward to driving it in the not to distant future.

On 20/03/2018 at 19:24, Karman said:

You could go on Skoda UK main site and then on live chat to see if anything shows up on the system.

6 minutes ago, Karoq said:

Ordered Edition on 28/01/18. Just arrived in Grimsby.

Ours docked at Immingham 16/03 and only today do DMK say they've got it.

21 hours ago, MarcusKaroq said:

I ordered 17th march but no build week yet. Spoke to skoda uk live chat and was told to check next week. 

Hi Marcus , ordered karoq sel on same day as you , 17th march so realistically it got put on system on Monday 19th March.

3 minutes ago, fabman said:

Hi Marcus , ordered karoq sel on same day as you , 17th march so realistically it got put on system on Monday 19th March.

Will be interesting to see if the dealer thingy is correct then. And also what build weeks we are allocated. 

1 hour ago, PETE31SUE said:

Old karoq.  Ordered mine 19 jan.  1.5 sel. Still showing build week 16 unconfirmed.  No one can give me reason why. Just still completely in the dark.

Thats sooooo frustrating. Its the "no reason why" thats worst. Its an SE L same as me. Same seats. Hope you have transport, meanwhile.

With mine I think the build week changed to confirmed about the week before. 

OldKarok.   Yep. It is. Just very frustrating.  Still have my trade in car. Dealer says he will still honour trade in price. He had better or there really will be trouble. Neither dealer nor Skoda chat line can explain why build week keeps moving backwards.  Week 13 to week 16. Now. But still unconfirmed.  Only added heated windscreen and nozzles. So not exceptional to build.My dealer only responds to my contacts. They never contacted me. 1st time Skoda purchase. Will almost certainly be the last !!!!!

9 hours ago, PETE31SUE said:

OldKarok.   Yep. It is. Just very frustrating.  Still have my trade in car. Dealer says he will still honour trade in price. He had better or there really will be trouble. Neither dealer nor Skoda chat line can explain why build week keeps moving backwards.  Week 13 to week 16. Now. But still unconfirmed.  Only added heated windscreen and nozzles. So not exceptional to build.My dealer only responds to my contacts. They never contacted me. 1st time Skoda purchase. Will almost certainly be the last !!!!!

Similar story in many ways! I also added heated windscreen. Oh and heated wheel. My dealer only replies to contacts, they never contact me. 

My 2nd purchase, my wife Fabia has been a great car, her best ever she says. You have been unlucky so far, but Im sure the Karok will be worth your wait. 

Sounds like some dealers need to get their act together though, eh?

Just spoke to DMK in Wakefield. they say that the car is still at the docks and they are expecting it to delivered to them on the 10th of April. Of course then there is the paperwork and PDI to do, so still about three weeks away from getting it. This has bee the longest wait ever from ordering a new car to have it delivered that's for sure. And I've had a few in my time.  So the wait goes on.  The only bright side is, I ordered a petrol engine so won't get stung with the new registration cost for the engine fueled by devil fuel since it will not be registered till after the 1st of April. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

New Build year starts week 22  28 May 2018 so hopefully Digital Instrument Display  as they do updates

Is the digital display likely to be an option? I got a provisional mid may build for end June delivery ordered 15/3. At least that’s what the dealer is hoping for.

29 minutes ago, Madasaskaven said:

Just spoke to DMK in Wakefield. they say that the car is still at the docks and they are expecting it to delivered to them on the 10th of April. Of course then there is the paperwork and PDI to do, so still about three weeks away from getting it. This has bee the longest wait ever from ordering a new car to have it delivered that's for sure. And I've had a few in my time.  So the wait goes on.  The only bright side is, I ordered a petrol engine so won't get stung with the new registration cost for the engine fueled by devil fuel since it will not be registered till after the 1st of April. 

Emden docks, or UK side? DMK Bradford advised us ours had docked UK side (Immingham?) by 16/03, and took till this week to arrive. Not too sure about that, as the car was registered on 23/03. 

Picking it up this aft. Weather crap, naturally. And I'm sure that black pearl will show every bit of it :D

• Like 1

Ours landed UK side when I spoke to them earlier this week, but its clearly a long trip from Docks to Wfd. They said this morning there were loads of vehicles waiting and there is a backlog. Trouble is you then pay a months tax for only a few days driving like yourself. Unless they are paying this month you will pay for 31 days and only get to use it for two. But I am still jealous. Quartz Grey for me, I love black and had one or two, but you cant keep em clean...  

1 minute ago, Madasaskaven said:

Ours landed UK side when I spoke to them earlier this week, but its clearly a long trip from Docks to Wfd. They said this morning there were loads of vehicles waiting and there is a backlog. Trouble is you then pay a months tax for only a few days driving like yourself. Unless they are paying this month you will pay for 31 days and only get to use it for two. But I am still jealous. Quartz Grey for me, I love black and had one or two, but you cant keep em clean...  

On the rfl, I know. We've had that debate. Yr1 is included, but still. S*d it.

This will be our third Skoda. Previous two (Yetis) were corrida red and cappu beige, and we really fancied a change. We'd had a pair of Passat and Polo back in the day, black, so we know the downsides, but it was the only one which appealed. It'll encourage us to keep up to it.

18 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

New Build year starts week 22  28 May 2018 so hopefully Digital Instrument Display  as they do updates

Hi 1982, where is this information displayed? Does it give any more details?

On 29/03/2018 at 19:30, fabman said:

What's the dealers thingy ? Have a missed something on how to check on build schedule ....

Okay didn’t quite put that properly. I meant with the theory that each dealer is given a different build week. 

9 hours ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Okay didn’t quite put that properly. I meant with the theory that each dealer is given a different build week. 

According to Skoda UK dealers are allocated so many cars a month so although I ordered my car on 19/1 it didn't go as part of the Jan allocation, slipped into Feb. If only somebody told me at the time.

On 29/03/2018 at 17:05, Karman said:

Yesssssssss, I have just contacted the dealer, after trying to get info from Skoda UK who refused to tell me because my complaints manager is on holiday and told me I would have to wait till Tuesday when she’s back to work. Anyway it is now showing it was built yesterday and is now on the train to Germany.

Awesome Karman, finally it is built. Am very happy for you.

Hi, I'm a newbie  here, first post.

I ordered my Karoq on March 13th. 1.5 TSG SEL in Moon White with heated windscreen.

The dealer told me yesterday that it's scheduled to be built in week 21, which I make w/c 21st of May.

I'm going on holiday to France in mid-June, and would obviously love to have the new car to go away in, but I reckon it's going to be touch and go. What's the typical time between build and customer delivery?

• Like 1