Delivery times

cjrp

ALL    just getting off the floor from shock !!!!!! Spoke to skoda chat line   MY KAROQ IS BUILT AND ON A TRAIN TO EMDEN !!!!13 weeks from order acceptance on Jan 19th   to build   now just the long wait for it to get over here  anything before end of May would appear to be a bonus !!!!  But  thanks for the supportive comments on this thread    now to go and lie down and recover !!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Luckypants - completely empathise with the frustration! 

Also, he will put a note on the pre delivery inspection to apply the fix to the phone box charger.  Apparently one has been issued and it is being dealt with at the factory, but a recall is expected for those cars sold and delivered.

So there is a fix now & the phone box/wireless charger has not been withdrawn? That is a relief to hear!

I messaged Skoda Uk to try and get clarification on what's happening - which was not forthcoming. They simply advised me to contact my dealer, who is also not very good on the updates/communication front. Awaiting a callback :dull:

13 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

So there is a fix now & the phone box/wireless charger has not been withdrawn? That is a relief to hear!

I messaged Skoda Uk to try and get clarification on what's happening - which was not forthcoming. They simply advised me to contact my dealer, who is also not very good on the updates/communication front. Awaiting a callback :dull:

I had a test drive in a 1.5 Edition DSG yesterday, the idea is to replace my VW Tiguan when the lease finishes in January next year, I was told that delivery times are at 28 weeks at the moment which would mean October but as I don't want a car until January means that I will probably place an order towards the end of June. Seems like petrol Karoq's are what everybody wants!!

5 minutes ago, Raymondo111 said:

I had a test drive in a 1.5 Edition DSG yesterday, the idea is to replace my VW Tiguan when the lease finishes in January next year, I was told that delivery times are at 28 weeks at the moment which would mean October but as I don't want a car until January means that I will probably place an order towards the end of June. Seems like petrol Karoq's are what everybody wants!!

I nearly went for a Tiguan and have got a 1.5 Edition Karoq currently being built. Been worrying what the situation is with the wireless charger/phonebox - whether it will be omitted from my build (and will they still try to charge me for it), or will it cause a delay in the build or delivery. Hopefully I'll get some clarification sometime soon!

Jan 19th Order, car is built and at the port of exit but may be two weeks before shipping, then 10 days after to dealer and PDI is my latest update, 3-4 weeks. I could do with ending my current PCP but really not sure I can trust the estimated date will be right....

Edited by Cd1yat

2 hours ago, anna_banana said:

My dealer said the fix has now been applied at the factory for those being built and those delivered should be getting a recall.  Can't give any concrete info, that's just what's been given to me. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cd1yat said:

Jan 19th Order, car is built and at the port of exit but may be two weeks before shipping, then 10 days after to dealer and PDI is my latest update, 3-4 weeks. I could do with ending my current PCP but really not sure I can trust the estimated date will be right....

Is your PCP coming to an end

34 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

Is your PCP coming to an end

Intending to end it a month or so early to avoid overlap with two cars and I am so far over the mileage it would be the best way to keep the costs down!

5 hours ago, PETE31SUE said:

ALL    just getting off the floor from shock !!!!!! Spoke to skoda chat line   MY KAROQ IS BUILT AND ON A TRAIN TO EMDEN !!!!13 weeks from order acceptance on Jan 19th   to build   now just the long wait for it to get over here  anything before end of May would appear to be a bonus !!!!  But  thanks for the supportive comments on this thread    now to go and lie down and recover !!

Yessss...good news at last! :):thumbup:

Am pleased for you. My Karoq should be ready to collect next week or the week after, so considering we ordered on the same day, thats not too bad. Mine is a different spec I think SE L whilst yours is an Edition?

• Like 1

Old karoq.  Thanks for the support and congrats and glad that you will be shortly collecting your new Karoq.We ordered on same day. And both have same spec. Mine is  petrol 1.5 SEL too,with heated screen and nozzles. My issue was 13 weeks from order to build but the end now seems in sight, fingers crossed!!!!

• Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 17:03, Cd1yat said:

Intending to end it a month or so early to avoid overlap with two cars and I am so far over the mileage it would be the best way to keep the costs down!

Mileage should not matter as you are buying another one and not walking away you can change your car on a pcp anytime you don't have to wait till the end

My Yeti was on a PCH but I wanted to end it early to order the new Karoq.   VWFS made me what I thought was a very generous agreement on early termination which I gladly accepted. 

The only slight thing was that it took 3 weeks to get B.C.A to come and inspect the old Yeti !!

19 minutes ago, ARTURO-B said:

My Yeti was on a PCH but I wanted to end it early to order the new Karoq.   VWFS made me what I thought was a very generous agreement on early termination which I gladly accepted. 

The only slight thing was that it took 3 weeks to get B.C.A to come and inspect the old Yeti !!

Exactly that, it's the time to inspection I am trying to work around (also, I want the Karoq and don't have a great deal of patience)

Went to my Skoda dealership today, which is actually a branch of the official Swiss importer of VAG cars. If I place an order for the Karoq now, estimated delivery date is January 2019... and for the Kodiaq, Feb 2019.

They have one 1.5 TSI DSG Karoq (received last week) and a diesel one that they use in the showroom and as test cars. They cannot sell them as they would no longer have anything to show to potential customers...

Went  to see my car today, I will be picking it up on Monday afternoon. The wireless phone charger has already been fixed by the dealer, only one small problem, I discovered my present phone can’t be charged wirelessly, so I will have to wait until I change my contract, next year.

The salesman was .telling me about more of the delivery problems they have been having recently. One customer has been waiting since December for his new Superb. It was finally loaded for delivery last Wednesday, but didn’t arrive at the dealers. It turned out that the driver had run out of his hours allowance, so could not drive the truck. Dealer told it won’t now be delivered till next week. Nobody else could drive the truck and when the dealer complained, all they were told was that they should not have told the customer his car was being delivered. He also said that the car could not be downloaded and put on another truck. apparently deliveries have to wait until there is a full truckload for an area, so if you are unlucky it can take several weeks to leave the docks. If my dealer is typical, a lot of them are getting pretty fed up with the system.

I was also told that build week doesn’t necessarily mean the week when the car will be built,  just when the chassis number assIgned. The important thing is getting status 30 meaning that the car has actually been completed. Apparently, Karoqs are currently like hens teeth and this seems to be making them even more desirable. The salesman claims they could sell 5 a day if they could only get them. One dealer had his demo model written off by a customer during a test drive  last week and was struggling to find another. Dealers are not supposed to sell their demo models, as there are currently no replacements. The 1.5 petrol engines are in very short supply and this has badly affected the Superb and the Kodiaq.

my car had protective strips on the doors for its delivery and these are discarded before handover. I asked about strips for my doors and was advised against , as they hold water and cause rust problems. He then showed me the system they have on the Kodiaq doors. When you open any door a protective rubber shield swings out to protect the door’s edge. He said that for some reason Skoda have not put this system on any other model. He said they had assumed that the Karoq would get it too, but it didn’t. Pity, it looked a really clever thing.

Seemed daft to me that they didn't incorporate the protective door strips on the Karoq. Saw them on the Kodiaq when it was launched and assumed like many people that we would see then on any new Skoda models, but it wasn't to be 

5 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

Mileage should not matter as you are buying another one and not walking away you can change your car on a pcp anytime you don't have to wait till the end

You are right but I am moving to a personal lease. I do around 18k a year mileage and a lease is about  £100 per month cheaper than the pcp equivalent so my current car (qashqai) is being handed back rather than traded in

Edited by Cd1yat
Too much Dark rum interfering with accuracy & grammar

Sent an e mail off to my dealer and yet to reply (very unresponsive so far). So contacted live chat, bw unconfirmed for 21 so that’s been pushed back a week already. I probably expect that to continue after reading other posts on here. 

No fix for wireless charging yet apparently but factory working towards a fix which should be available soon. 

My Karoq was W14 build and just been told by customer services that it's now in the Port of Tyne, was delivered there on Thursday, now just waiting for delivery to dealer. Hopefully end of next week. Then just need to wait how ever long it takes to prepare for me to pick up.

• Thanks 1

Car was due to be picked up by me at 1300 today. Had a call from salesman at 0915 to say they can’t get road tax because DVLA is refusing to tax the car until proof of modification to the phone charger is provided.! To say that I’m furious is a mild understatement!!!!

I don’ know if the DVLA story is true or if VAG has put a freeze on all cars with this problem being released is the real reason. Either was it’s just typical of the way customers are being treated. I know a few more of you were due to pick up their cars today, so it will be interesting to see what you have been told if you can’t have your car yet. 

My patience has finally snapped and I’m going to ask for compensation this time. It’s probably not the dealers fault, but it’s about time VAG stopped treating us like mushroom and faced up to their mistakes. Salesman has promised to ring me tomorrow morning with an update, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tenchfisher said:

Car was due to be picked up by me at 1300 today. Had a call from salesman at 0915 to say they can’t get road tax because DVLA is refusing to tax the car until proof of modification to the phone charger is provided.! To say that I’m furious is a mild understatement!!!!

I don’ know if the DVLA story is true or if VAG has put a freeze on all cars with this problem being released is the real reason. Either was it’s just typical of the way customers are being treated. I know a few more of you were due to pick up their cars today, so it will be interesting to see what you have been told if you can’t have your car yet. 

My patience has finally snapped and I’m going to ask for compensation this time. It’s probably not the dealers fault, but it’s about time VAG stopped treating us like mushroom and faced up to their mistakes. Salesman has promised to ring me tomorrow morning with an update, but I’m not holding my breath.

Have you rang customer services and registered your dissatisfaction with this disappointing situation. I'm sure they will give it their full attention. Then the laughter died down............  You couldn't make this s%%t up.