Has anyone fitted mud flaps

Vectis

I just wondered if anyone has fitted mudflaps themselves and if so is it an easy job as one of the pictures I saw of them showed a lot of fittings in the pack.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some mud flaps and received them yesterday, I haven't had a chance to fit them because of the weather but it looks like ther has been a change in design from the Kodiaq front ones as you need to drill 2 holes but no cutting of the trim. Will update when I have fitted them.

• Like 1

I'm getting free front & rear mudflats as part of my deal, and will take photos once the car has been delivered.

I'm on BW11, and expect the car early/mid April.

• Like 1

They look good , will save no end of dirt , salt flicking up , have them on yeti and superb and it made a huge difference.

4 minutes ago, fabman said:

They look good , will save no end of dirt , salt flicking up , have them on yeti and superb and it made a huge difference.

I've always fitted mudflaps I like the look as well as the benefits.

On 19/03/2018 at 16:25, Vectis said:

I have, easy enough as I borrowed an angle drill, worse bit was fitting the plastic rivets.

20180319_161312_resized.jpg

20180319_161322_resized.jpg

34 euros the set plus shipping from Superskoda (although I'd probably get other stuff included) which is a good price compared to UK suppliers.

is it a big job Vectis?

34 minutes ago, Michael G said:

34 euros the set plus shipping from Superskoda (although I'd probably get other stuff included) which is a good price compared to UK suppliers.

is it a big job Vectis?

I bought them with the rubber mats from Mike at Listers through the link on this site and it didn't work out much dearer than superskoda link here: 

The rears are two torx screws to undo and bolt them back on, and one push in plastic plug and a plastic rivet, the holes are already there for these. The fronts, you remove one torx screw and refit it with the mudflap and mark the position of a hole remove the mudflap and remove one other torx screw to enable you to put something behind behind the trim to protecct the bodywork behind when you drill a 6mm hole, drill the hole, refit the mudflap and the torx screws and fi a plastic rivet in the hole you have drilled, drill one more hole through the hole in the mudflap and fit a 2nd plastic rivet and job done. They come with fitting instructions. If you have an angle drill you don't need to remove the wheel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

Not so sure about the hole drilling in a new car though :unsure:

It's only through the plastic wheelarch trim.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Not so sure about the hole drilling in a new car though :unsure:

The Karoq mud flaps seem to be fitted in the same way as other cars in the Skoda range.  I didn't like the idea of drilling holes in my new car either (Octavia VRS), and from my experience there is no need to do so.  I just attached the inner part of the mudflap to the wheel arch liner using a strip of automotive grade double sided foam tape - the sort of stuff that's used to attach number plates. This might sound a bit whacky, but after 4 years my mud flaps are still firmly attached.  I did the same for my wife's Rapid Spaceback and 14 months later that is fine also.

On 18/03/2018 at 12:31, Vectis said:

I ordered some mud flaps and received them yesterday, I haven't had a chance to fit them because of the weather but it looks like ther has been a change in design from the Kodiaq front ones as you need to drill 2 holes but no cutting of the trim. Will update when I have fitted them.

Are the Karoq mudflaps the same as those for the Kodiaq?

The reason I ask is my dealer told me sales of the Kodiaq front flaps are on hold whilst Skoda redesign them.

Something about them damaging the inner wheelarch over time.

If the Karoq ones have been through a redesign I wonder if that means the Kodiaq ones are almost ready too...

11 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Are the Karoq mudflaps the same as those for the Kodiaq?

The reason I ask is my dealer told me sales of the Kodiaq front flaps are on hold whilst Skoda redesign them.

Something about them damaging the inner wheelarch over time.

If the Karoq ones have been through a redesign I wonder if that means the Kodiaq ones are almost ready too...

No, just a couple of holes to drill, no cutting away of the trim like there is with the Kodiak ones.

I was hoping as part of the Kodiaq flaps redesign they'd changed them so that the car doesn't have to be cut to pieces!

I thought for a moment that the Karoq and Kodiaq flaps were the same and that these new ones you've fitted would be suitable for the Kodiaq, but perhaps not.

• 5 months later...
On 28/03/2018 at 20:57, vadimo said:

I will try again 

think I did 

On 11/09/2018 at 09:15, Swordfish76CZ said:

Do these LEDs have EU homologation? I doubt. If not, they are illegal and using them can cause potential issues (with police or insurance company in case of accident). That is also probably a reason why they are not used by Skoda at manufacture. Btw. what bulbs does Karoq have in the license plate light? Do they use white bulbs LED or standards bulbs?  

But have to admit they look very good. 

On 22/03/2018 at 12:21, Vectis said:

I bought them with the rubber mats from Mike at Listers through the link on this site and it didn't work out much dearer than superskoda link here: 

The rears are two torx screws to undo and bolt them back on, and one push in plastic plug and a plastic rivet, the holes are already there for these. The fronts, you remove one torx screw and refit it with the mudflap and mark the position of a hole remove the mudflap and remove one other torx screw to enable you to put something behind behind the trim to protecct the bodywork behind when you drill a 6mm hole, drill the hole, refit the mudflap and the torx screws and fi a plastic rivet in the hole you have drilled, drill one more hole through the hole in the mudflap and fit a 2nd plastic rivet and job done. They come with fitting instructions. If you have an angle drill you don't need to remove the wheel.

What about the small clamp that fits under the car along the sill seam. Did you use it or not?

Mud flaps fitted and looking good. Rears took ten minutes each side, fronts took fifteen minutes each side. Fitted very much as Vectis describes. Except, after fitting front mudflaps temporarily to mark holes for the rivets, I used a 6mm wood bit with drill, very carefully to mark through both holes then prised the inner lining to drill through for the top rivet. Finally fitted small clamps to make the job completely solid. To drill I used my 18v Makita with 6mm woodbit. Fitted inside wheelarch nicely when turning the wheel to full lock.

Edited by Livrishind

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the design and the fact that the mud doesn't reach the doors, what would be the benefit on fitting these mud flaps? I'm still trying to see what is the benefit (except the design). :)

Bought mine from Burns car sales, Ireland. Genuine Skoda parts. Fronts were €14.45 and rears were the same. Delivery was €5.00 took about a week to arrive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livrishind said:

Bought mine from Burns car sales, Ireland. Genuine Skoda parts. Fronts were €14.45 and rears were the same. Delivery was €5.00 took about a week to arrive.

I recall someone did this....couldn't find the post.  Thanks