Has anyone fitted mud flaps

Vectis

1 hour ago, Delanor said:

I have just noticed that as the instructions supplied quotes in English the same flap part number for with and without wheel arch extensions that is a printing error as in the other languages  57A075111 is for with (arch extension PR-6EE) and 57A075111A for without (arch extension PR-6EA) .........

This was beginning to bug me .......... checking back here 

The links on this thread show the booklet version 01.2018 and there is a printing error which shows (in English) .....111 with arch guards and .....111 without arch guards.

When Burns replaced my 111 set with a 111A set, the instruction booklet was dated 04.2018 and the printing error had been corrected to .....111 with arch guards and ......111A without arch guards.

BUT .......... just don't ask me what the difference is between the two versions. 😩😩😩 

Well on mine the 111A set fits in the right places the centre hole lines up with the existing arch screw hole and the clamps underneath fit as the instructions maybe the 111A set fits on both but the 111 set will only fit with arch trims.

Anybodies guess what is going on!

20 hours ago, StEdmund said:

This weekend, weather permitting, will see me attempt a full wheel arch trim fit. As I have my non A flaps still, I'm going to have another play and try and see if there are any other differences. I have a few spare torque fasteners just in case. Could be interesting.

As you have both sets it will be interesting to see which fits best with your wheel arch trims - now don`t forget, perhaps maybe it could be that 111 should fit and then again perhaps, maybe 111A shouldn`t  fit.  :wall: 

• Confused 1

On 28/03/2020 at 18:18, silver1011 said:

Am I reading you right? You're saying the lugs are the same?

Is it just the angle of the photo you took? The lugs look very different between the A and non-A version to me (circled in red)?

image.png.b60fd6601e4cbaa62a5d330b57e7e4b0.png

Did we get an answer to this?

If so then this will confirm the differences between the A and non-A versions...

Haven't managed to compare both A and Not A with and without wheel arch trims as still working. I have noticed that the small bracket underneath, as highlighted, is different between left and right on the Not A that are currently sat in my garage.!!! I don't know what's gone on. Mixed batch, production issues, incorrect instructions (as noted in an earlier post). I'm still confident that the A variant is for non trim fitted vehicles.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, imitebeurda said:

Can someone advise, do the front and rear mudflaps fit the Sportline model?

Without being nosy, did you get yours new and if so, was there an option to specify them. All other models that I'm aware of, below the sport line, use the same body panels so if yours is the same shape, and it's only the trim/tech level that identifies your model, then yes they will fit.

1 minute ago, Canders said:

Without being nosy, did you get yours new and if so, was there an option to specify them. All other models that I'm aware of, below the sport line, use the same body panels so if yours is the same shape, and it's only the trim/tech level that identifies your model, then yes they will fit.

Thanks for your reply, yes I purchased from new in January 2019. It was the first Sportline delivered to Northern Ireland. As a rule I've always had mudflaps fitted, I asked the dealer about fitting them and they said there weren't any available for it, but models below did have them. When the current situation returns to some form of normality, I'll pay the dealer a visit. I've just spent a full day removing tar from both sides of the car, which unfortunately is black (it was a good idea at the time). Again, thanks for your reply.

As the Sportline has colour coded sills the Protection Pack"  inc` mudflaps is not offered from new you can of course fit them yourself there just seems to be some doubt which will fit based on the previous posts - I would clarify it with your Skoda dealer first.

1 hour ago, Delanor said:

As the Sportline has colour coded sills the Protection Pack"  inc` mudflaps is not offered from new you can of course fit them yourself there just seems to be some doubt which will fit based on the previous posts - I would clarify it with your Skoda dealer first.

Many thanks👍

On 11/04/2020 at 10:46, imitebeurda said:

I've just spent a full day removing tar from both sides of the car, which unfortunately is black (it was a good idea at the time).

I polished my black Kodiaq yesterday and noticed copious amounts of tar down the flanks, it stayed there though as I couldn't see it, only feel it, a benefit of black paint in my eyes!

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Did you ever manage to find out if the mudflaps fit the sportline? 😎

Sorry, I should have followed up on this, my local dealer was aware there were two types of front  mudflaps (photos above) he ordered both pairs, so I'm done and dusted thanks.

1 minute ago, imitebeurda said:

Sorry, I should have followed up on this, my local dealer was aware there were two types of front  mudflaps (photos above) he ordered both pairs, so I'm done and dusted thanks.

Brilliant, can you please tell me the part numbers. I need some for mine abd don't want to end up with the wrong set. Thanks again 

9 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Brilliant, can you please tell me the part numbers. I need some for mine abd don't want to end up with the wrong set. Thanks again 

I'm sorry I didn't keep the receipt for reference, if you ring your dealer they'll give you the part number.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2020 at 10:03, Tim1631 said:

Did you ever manage to find out if the mudflaps fit the sportline? 😎

Hi - I've just fitted mudflaps to my Sportline - these are what I ordered - took about 5 days to arrive.

Complete pain to fit the little push in clips - they have a middle bit that you push in and it opens up the outer fixing to hold it in place.  Finally got them installed though and they look good.

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/57a075111-mud-flaps-front-skoda-31784.html

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/57a075101-rear-mudguard-flaps-skoda-31786.html

39 minutes ago, djshakey said:

Hi - I've just fitted mudflaps to my Sportline - these are what I ordered - took about 5 days to arrive.

Complete pain to fit the little push in clips - they have a middle bit that you push in and it opens up the outer fixing to hold it in place.  Finally got them installed though and they look good.

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/57a075111-mud-flaps-front-skoda-31784.html

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/57a075101-rear-mudguard-flaps-skoda-31786.html

Brilliant thanks a lot for that. Appreciate it 

1 hour ago, djshakey said:

I feel your pain.....  I found those little push rivets very fiddly and rather tiresome - I have other words to describe fitting them to the flaps but they would be banned from the site 🙂