Citigo E 2019

Jonny118118

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of buying one. I'm trying to calculate whether I can get to Thurso and back in it without plugging it in.

Let's see.

186 X 2 ÷ 2.93 + 7.12 π 45% (wind factor) 553 kWh ¢≠8.

Yes it may just be possible if it's fully charged when I set off and I don't go up any steep hills .

Hopefully it will be cheap and still have room in the boot for 2 suitcases a dog a picnic hamper and 2 tennis rackets.

Where do the batteries go? Is there somewhere in the Scottish Highlands to plug it in just in case?

16 hours ago, RickW said:

I was thinking of buying one. I'm trying to calculate whether I can get to Thurso and back in it without plugging it in.

Let's see.

186 X 2 ÷ 2.93 + 7.12 π 45% (wind factor) 553 kWh ¢≠8.

Yes it may just be possible if it's fully charged when I set off and I don't go up any steep hills .

Hopefully it will be cheap and still have room in the boot for 2 suitcases a dog a picnic hamper and 2 tennis rackets.

Where do the batteries go? Is there somewhere in the Scottish Highlands to plug it in just in case?

I think you’d have to charge it once on the journey! 450miles even the cheapest Tesla can’t manage that, nor can a Nissan Leaf. 

I’d probably except around a 150-300mile range. 

What a faff having to plug it in every 186 miles! I wouldnt have one if it was the same price as a petrol one. The novelty would wear off in a day.

As for stupid autonomous cars..........sorry,I'm a dinosaur,I'll be gone soon :sleepy:

^^^ 80 miles with a e-Up!.   Maybe, maybe not.

VW Group need to get on with it and stop just getting magazine and social media space talking about all these great things that they might build sometime.

What a lot if improving they need to get on with, lighter cars, bigger battery or better charging giving maybe twice what they have available now.

I was on that route last week, 400 miles in 6.5 hours in a 7 seater diesel with 4 people and luggage and use 35 liters of Diesel, still had a 330 mile range as well.

Did not stop from starting off until destination.  £42.35 fuel and no coffee bought.

Loads of Tesla Fast Charging and others in and around Dundee.  Electric City, City of Discovery.

But as for North of Dundee, you have no need to go to Dundee heading North to Aberdeen and going through Perth.

If you want to go to the Angus Council Buildings Forfar for 1 of the 2 charging points you hope the council vehicles have not been parked up charging and just left there, overnight or over the weekend.

Edited by Offski
  • Thanks 1

The guy in the video said he enjoyed it but all the time he seemed to be worrying about 

distances and chargers and whether they were working or not. I seriously couldn't be bothered with any of that nonsense.

Although cheap to run,is it worth the extra cost of the car and the stress all time?

1 hour ago, RickW said:

The guy in the video said he enjoyed it but all the time he seemed to be worrying about 

distances and chargers and whether they were working or not. I seriously couldn't be bothered with any of that nonsense.

Although cheap to run,is it worth the extra cost of the car and the stress all time?

For the shorter range of EVs it’s worth it if you’re only gonna be going into the city or town... which to be fair, is what the Citigo is designed for. If you’re wanting to do longer journeys the price goes up a lot! You’ll be needing a Tesla with its extra range batteries. 

32 liters in that cars designed for the city and if you decide you want to head off someplace you can go 350 miles plus non stop. 

Or pull into a filling station, 5 minutes spent and you head off. 

If you are getting free parking and charging using the EV's and the range suits you then as long as the price is right then sorted.

e-Up! 's were & are available for much cheapness used as are Zoe & Leaf and still they do not sell like hot cakes, or even cheap stale ones.

I'd have one for our second car, instead of the Monte Carlo. We almost got a Renault Zoe instead of the Citigo, but at the time Renault were charging £70pcm battery rental - as we put about £25 of petrol in the Citigo every month, that was a deal breaker. A range of around 200 miles would be sufficient for us, a round trip to an elderly relative or a drive to southern Scotland are then both feasible if SWMBO has to go in the 'little car'. For our everyday use of our second vehicle (the Citigo), electric would be fine as we can charge at home no bother.

11 hours ago, Luckypants said:

I'd have one for our second car, instead of the Monte Carlo. We almost got a Renault Zoe instead of the Citigo, but at the time Renault were charging £70pcm battery rental - as we put about £25 of petrol in the Citigo every month, that was a deal breaker. A range of around 200 miles would be sufficient for us, a round trip to an elderly relative or a drive to southern Scotland are then both feasible if SWMBO has to go in the 'little car'. For our everyday use of our second vehicle (the Citigo), electric would be fine as we can charge at home no bother.

Yeah, that would be the same for us, but mostly used for town driving.