CD Changer converter cable

kkbc

Afternoon, 

I've gone to fit a Phatbox unit in the car today but discovered the connection in the car isn't the round din connector that should plug straight into the phatbox.......

Does anybody know if this will do the job:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Cd-Changer-Adapter-Cable-Seat-Skoda-Vw/322214541357?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D0c93ac3970f4423f947d1d61517eaedc%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D322214541357%26itm%3D322214541357&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507 

Or if anyone knows anywhere cheaper/more local that stocks what i'll need?

Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yea man, this part of forum surely dies every day little bit..

Im now "old" member, and I understand this is now old car, but..I cant accept that soo little members write..

Forum member Nackuk(my good friend-we didnt meet in person, but I feel like I know him long time) send me from England Phatbox unit.

I didnt had OEM cd changer in car, so I didnt had OEM cd changer cable, but I could advise you that you can buy 13din(it actually have 8pins) 8pins blue mini iso connector on the other side. Its around 20euros in my country.

I hope this helps.

CheersB)

• Thanks 1

I hope you will write result, because maybe someone will have similar problem in future.

Hope so te see you are active and helping this part of forum still be alive!

Cheers, all the best

This looks like the correct converter cable.

It is a pain, they tried to be clever and put different cables in various VAG cars....

• Thanks 1

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:37, MilanM said:

Yea man, this part of forum surely dies every day little bit..

Im now "old" member, and I understand this is now old car, but..I cant accept that soo little members write..

Forum member Nackuk(my good friend-we didnt meet in person, but I feel like I know him long time) send me from England Phatbox unit.

I didnt had OEM cd changer in car, so I didnt had OEM cd changer cable, but I could advise you that you can buy 13din(it actually have 8pins) 8pins blue mini iso connector on the other side. Its around 20euros in my country.

I hope this helps.

CheersB)

MilanM,

The thing is as you have said the cars are now old, and ownership depleted as they have been crushed. But also the info complied on this car is huge. So there is no need to ask the questions as they have already been answered on here already. I love my motor. It is old, it drives like and old motor, one day sadly to me it will need to be replaced. Not ye though :)

• Like 1