Troubleshooting central locking problems

Having a few issues with the central locking. Car is 2007 model with remote central locking.

I'm trying to troubleshoot this myself as I suspect if I took it to a garage they would just replace parts at my expense until they get the desired result. This could outstrip the value of the car!

1st problem: car won't unlock from either key remotely. Changed battery, no difference. Remote still works to unlock tailgate on its own.

2nd problem: unlocking manually (key in door lock) only unlocks the driver's door. Have to get in, put key in ignition, switch on ignition, switch off ignition, take key out, get out and close door and then unlock again to get the other doors to unlock.

3rd problem: locking with the remote doesn't lock the car it just arms the alarm.

4th problem: button on centre console (near lighter) gave up the ghost a year ago (probably not related to other problems).

5th problem: sometimes I get a continuous 30 second burst from the red light on the door which I think means a problem with the safe securing system.

Apart from any thoughts on any of these, does anyone know if the Haynes manual for this model includes any information on the central locking. I'm happy to buy one if it's going to help identify which part I need to replace. I know it only covers the diesels but non-engine chapters would be the same I'd have thought.

Thanks in advance.

the manual I've got shows a wiring diagram for the central locking (2004-2012 diesel engine ). Not much else really about central locking

I'd change the dodgy central locking switch first as it controls all the doors . 

• Thanks 1

Get the car scanned with VCDS or similar, this should give you some clues.

You should also check the wires in each rubber gator between the doors and car body, they are often damaged which can cause many issues.

Wiring diagrams can be found at http://erwin.skoda-auto.cz for a small fee :)

• Thanks 1