Redline Performance Tuning - North West

eribaMotters

Has anybody heard of or used this company. I am toying with a remap of my 110bhp diesel Yeti and they will provide a Stage 1 remap and wind back the EA189 fix for £225.

I know Shark Performance are probably the best, but this does look tempting.

http://www.redlineperformancetuning.co.uk/cars/skoda/yeti-2009-2013/diesel-yeti-2009-2013/2-0-tdi-110hp/skoda-2-0-tdi-110hp/

Colin

That's what I thought re bhp and torque figures. I have asked specifically if my 5 speed box and clutch are up to it and they have said yes.

Interestingly it was there suggestion about winding the fix back as they believe remaps work better prefix, fuel consumption is better and regens are less.

Although I have experienced no related issues post fix there comments would suggest they know what they are abouit.

Colin

1 hour ago, eribaMotters said:

That's what I thought re bhp and torque figures. I have asked specifically if my 5 speed box and clutch are up to it and they have said yes.

Interestingly it was there suggestion about winding the fix back as they believe remaps work better prefix, fuel consumption is better and regens are less.

Although I have experienced no related issues post fix there comments would suggest they know what they are abouit.

Colin

My understanding of the Shark stage 1 map (on my 2014 140 BHP TDi) is that it is based on a modified version of the pre-EA189 update ECU map.

I certainly saw a marked increase in DPF regeneration frequency (and decrease in fuel economy) immediately post EA189 emission fix - this settled back to pre-EA189 levels once the car was re-mapped by Shark. 

The jump in power / torque quoted by Redline for your car certainly sounds dramatic (+68% in BHP over stock) and is in fact more than Shark claim for my stage 1 mapped 140 BHP car! - it'd be interesting to compare them directly.

I read it that these are extras on request. They stated I would be getting less frequent regens, so they obviously do not remove the DPF as part of the remap.

Colin

Hello Colin,

Have you looked at Darkside Developments (based near Barnsley), they know a lot about the VAG diesels, they did me a remap on my 1.9PDtdi, mostly for better fuel economy, tis they who have taken over the Citigogo project featured on this forum, similar engine to yours now sat in it.

You'll likely find them further down the titles/main headings under site sponsors or trade suppliers.  

Definitely need to discuss first with your car insurers, what you are proposing to do, and agree % output increase limits, and instruct the mappers accordingly.

Many mainstream insurers won't cover remaps, I had to switch insurers, am using Chris Knott, again via this forum.

HTH

Richard

Thank Richard. I will look them up.

Regarding Insurance, when I got a re-map based quote from Adrian Flux it was cheaper than for the un-mapped car.

Colin

Phoning around different companies it would appear the engine can be taken to 180/190 bhp. Most tuners do not however advise this and suggest 150/160 is a more realistic maximum to ensure gearbox/clutch do not fail. Decisions, do I go the remap route or leave it for another year and get a Karoq when the prices are not quite so strong?

Colin

Which of the  companies you spoke to that said they can be taken to 180/190 bhp,   

and are they saying that is what their software can do, or with what hardware changes?

Which ones advised just the 150/160 bhp,   Was that APR, REVO & SHARK?

I phoned Darkside Developments and asked what the theoretical limits of a stage 1 remap would be. They said that 180/190bhp  was possible but they would NOT recommend it.

I asked if they performed a rolling road and how long the car would be needed. They said they would need it a full day and a rolling road would be used to get the best balance between performance and longevity. They suggested I should expect 150/160bhp as a more realistic maximum.

Shark advertise 140bhp, Revo advertise 168/172bhp and APR I do not know. I cannot work my way through there website.

Colin

If they have been doing the roll back of The Fix and then remapping and putting the cars on the dyno they can tell you the before and after numbers they have been getting from the engines and then you might as well go with them if all is good.

If they can not give the figures then best go where they can, and have the results to show.

How about this company? they offered a box with the original map in so you can switch back from the new remap at one time.

https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/services/performance-stats/skoda/yeti-5l-2009/diesel/2-0-tdi-cr-170-bhp-2009-ECU-remap-chiptuning/stage-1

Celtic Tuning look promising. They have quoted me for a stage 1 remap taking me from 108bhp up to 138bhp and the torque from 184lb/ft up to 236lb/ft.

The cost of the remap is £295.00 all-inclusive for which they travel to my home. I have not yet asked them whether they need to roll back the EA189 fix.

"This comes with a 14 day money back guarantee which gives you plenty of time to ensure it is exactly what you are after"

" To provide added peace of mind for customers with vehicles still under warranty, we provide a FREE 12 month's insurance backed supplementary warranty: "

This seems to offer the best combination of performance to suit my needs, cost and not over-stress the engine. Insurance quote from Adrian Flux is also reasonable.

I now just need to decide if/when to go ahead. If I am keeping the car for another couple of years then I will do so. If I am going to replace  it then I doubt I will go ahead. The problem is I'm a very play it safe type of person.

Colin

Potentially 185 bhp from a 110, is that not pushing it a bit from standard, I know the 110 and 140 use the same engine and turbo so 140/150 is a safe bet but the Extra 30 might start to make bits fail sooner than later, the 170s run bigger turbos, I know it's nice to get as much as possible but maybe that's a bit to much ? 

Edited by Daxmatt