Reversing Mirror change

Dshakey

Has anyone got the mirror to tilt when reverse gear engaged? The manual not very clear how this works. 

If I put the electric mirror nob to L and engage reverse gear the mirror tilt. But I would have taught it be better to automatically do this without turning nob to L. 

It’s VAG thing, same on my Leon, and the heated mirrors activated on the same switch, why not on the rear window heater switch which to me makes more sense.

54 minutes ago, Karman said:

It’s VAG thing, same on my Leon, and the heated mirrors activated on the same switch, why not on the rear window heater switch which to me makes more sense.

Agreed it's a bit naff.

During winter I'm forever leaving the knob in the heated mirror position only realising when I reverse and bugger all happens with the mirror dip.

One thing I'm not sure about is if the mirror is constantly heating up or it has a temperature sensor somewhere to prevent it operating.....

37 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Forgive my ignorance. Are we talking of the rear view mirror "dipping", or the NS mirror - when reverse is selected?

Near side dipping.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Michael G said:

That's tomorrow morning's playtime sorted then :thumbup:

I also didn't realise it had this feature and coincidently suggested to my wife on  the weekend when we were setting up the car wouldn't it be good if it did this :) 

3 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Well, I went out to play and nuthin :crying:

Maybe SE doesn't have it.

Did you actually set it up? (per the manual) I had the same issue with my LEON SE in that nothing happened to the mirror when I selected reverse and knob at 'L'. I then used the joystick to move the mirror to view the kerb by the back wheel, then moved the gear selector back to 'D'. This stored the mirror's reversing position how I wanted it. The default mine came with was the same as normal mirror position. Has worked perfectly for past 3 years. BTW you need to drive off and get up to 10mph for the mirror to return to normal position when driving. Obviously ignition needs to be on to set this all up.

HTH

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

According to the manual, it only works if you have the electrically adjustable driver's seat

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bone_tone said:

According to the manual, it only works if you have the electrically adjustable driver's seat

I live in an SE world.

I can only dream of electrically adjustable driver's seats :party:

• Haha 1

That's crazy, my Golf doesn't have electric seats but has a dipping mirror, it's a reversing aid so what's electric seats got to do with it, the mind boggles to how manufacturers spec cars......

• 1 year later...
On 16/04/2018 at 15:47, Michael G said:

You only get dipping mirror with leccy drivers seat.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about getting it to dip, that's only half the issue.

Lots of Skoda owners are having problems with the mirror not returning to its original position after the car is taken out of reverse.

As with the 1.5 TSI issue, Skoda are working on a software fix. Shame they weren't able to properly test and prove out their cars before launching them to their unsuspecting customers.