Mk2 Fabia VRS Combi

Mickmartin

sorry for hijacking your thread but this is mock up of what can be done quite easily, i just need to 'velcro' the waterproof lid from the rear and RHS using double sided tape.

Can peel it back quite easy. The velcro backing would wedge between the air filter, the battery is already in a sort of material casing for the velcro to stick too. Job sorted!

terminal Cap.jpg

Velcro Lid Rear.jpg

Waterproof.jpg

• 1 month later...

Under bonnet looks amazing. Out of my depth taking parts like that off to paint!

A Little tip on the induction (if it happens to you) i found that where it bends over time (its similar to my HFI one) it comes loose so i wrapped some string around tube & tied it around a hidden bracket behind so its firm 

I think speed bumps cause the metal seal to come loose!

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Under bonnet looks amazing. Out of my depth taking parts like that off to paint!

A Little tip on the induction (if it happens to you) i found that where it bends over time (its similar to my HFI one) it comes loose so i wrapped some string around tube & tied it around a hidden bracket behind so its firm 

I think speed bumps cause the metal seal to come loose!

Capture.PNG

I couldn’t get the heat shield off as one of the screws were knackered so I just bent it back and painted it on the car.

Gonna get me a TMG battery re location tray and flip the battery and air filter round and have a straight silicon air intake instead of that snaking effort we both have.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

As with the forge induction kit air flow was never great due to the snaking “S” shape

air intake pipe I decided to go full hog and relocate the my battery and get that sorted

out, There’s a ready to relocation tray available for £80 but me being me thought I could do it cheaper.

The parts .....

9D0A0F56-578D-4F99-99B9-10CBFD8C5297.thumb.jpeg.ed7c40e637f56fe59cb197a8fbd52312.jpeg

6 minutes ago, DriverTom said:

Do you have any tips for painting the chrome bit on the front? What did you prime it with?

Its a fairy easy process if you just take your time between layers, I’ve never had a problem with Halfords paint so I usually pick up some primer, paint and lacquer from there.

First sand the piece down with a 600-800 grit and get rid of as much chrome as possible or if it’s really thick create a nice rough surface for the primer to stick too, I always use 3 coats of plastic primer, after the 3rd coats nice and dry  give it a very light sand with a finer sand paper such as 800-1200

Then same again 3 layers of paint and at this point you want to catch any imperfections or orange peel in the paint so use a really high grit sand paper such as 1500, very light sand and step down to the paper to 2000 or so to avoid taking off any paint but keeping a smooth finish.

repeat the same process with the leaguer process as the painting process and to be scared to scratch the lovely new lacquer with sandpaper as it’ll polish out.

• Like 1