Drive Green

Panther_uk

What's this supposed to signify ?

On my daily commute (aka slow slog to work), I can regularly score high 90's and the leaf image is greener than a green thing on a green day but my mpg is low 30's

So how eco/green is this ?

greenscore-small.jpg.bd3fb3eb2d952a87d55aa343e9b65cfe.jpg

Its a bit of fun and (sort of) signifies how sympathetic you are being to the car - accelerating/braking gently etc.

Don't think it has any real use except to try and play the "get 100" game :)

My Superb shows I'm usually in 90+ unless I'm using the ACC, then it drops to around 86.

14 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

Its a bit of fun and (sort of) signifies how sympathetic you are being to the car - accelerating/braking gently etc.

Don't think it has any real use except to try and play the "get 100" game :)

My Superb shows I'm usually in 90+ unless I'm using the ACC, then it drops to around 86.

Agree hwr. Took this a few weeks back - car is a Superb 2.0TDI 190 DSG. Great mpg but a terrible green-score by comparison. It was after a commute up the M4 to work. ACC handling everything pretty much all the way. 

image.png.f33bc9ee383ab3d81e9cdbb45a0b4c42.png

Different day, (very) different result. But apparently greener.

image.png.0ed535e1a19fd82aa6325d4c3309378c.png

So I wouldn't set too much store by the green-score. I'm guessing Panther that your slog had the emphasis on slow...

15 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

Mine must be broken, didn't even register a score....

????? Strange :thinking:

If you hit the 'Selection' button/icon and choose DriveGreen do you get the screen from my first post ?

17 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

Mine must be broken, didn't even register a score....

Weird...Keep an eye on it, and get it back in the dealer if it continues (I know it's a stupid thing to go to the dealer for, especially for a gimmick...but it should work!)

@Nicky_P I think I may have replicated what you showed above. Did you take the photo after having stopped and re-started the car? I was mooching through menus before setting off home from work yesterday evening and noticed this in the drive green score.

image.png.ac90def303a820df7beb876f657f9c8e.png

The other page (which I stupidly forgot to take a photo of) showed my morning commute numbers (mileage and mpg) but with a blank drive green number. So if that is the case, it looks like the car retains some previous data until you start driving again, but not the drive green score.

That's just since engine start (or the last trip depending on how soon @BriskodaJeff turned the ignition off/on from taking that pic.

I regularly get 63mpg from my 150 TDI on my 25mile commute (motorway)

Sorry hwr - should have been clearer. The photo was taken yesterday evening. I had pressed the start button to wake up the electrics, but not started the engine (I have KESSY). The info retained (miles travelled 75, average speed 50mph, average consumption 55mpg) was from the morning commute. So a gap of c9 hours. It was interesting that the other info was retained but not the drivegreen score and I wondered if that was perhaps what Nicky_P had done. If so, it looks like his system isn't broken, or it's one of those "features" Skoda leave us to find out about on our own.

Sorry about the mpg Panther. I'm in a very unusual position that my journeys are all very long and at times when (usually) traffic is very light. My other regular commute is straight up the M4 - 88miles with less than 5 of those off the motorway. I can regularly see 60mpg in summer. Not bad for a 190PS DSG I think.

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Sorry about the mpg Panther. I'm in a very unusual position that my journeys are all very long and at times when (usually) traffic is very light. My other regular commute is straight up the M4 - 88miles with less than 5 of those off the motorway. I can regularly see 60mpg in summer. Not bad for a 190PS DSG I think.

To be fair, when I had the 150PS TDi I could easily hit the mid 50's mpg on the motorway, alas with the 150PS petrol evn 40mpg seems a distant memory :crying: trip into work today started late so missed the usual traffic, averaged 27mph (about half the journey was 60 on the motorway), but still only 37mpg :sadsmile:

8 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

@Nicky_P I think I may have replicated what you showed above. Did you take the photo after having stopped and re-started the car? I was mooching through menus before setting off home from work yesterday evening and noticed this in the drive green score.

image.png.ac90def303a820df7beb876f657f9c8e.png

The other page (which I stupidly forgot to take a photo of) showed my morning commute numbers (mileage and mpg) but with a blank drive green number. So if that is the case, it looks like the car retains some previous data until you start driving again, but not the drive green score.

Yes that's right, I took it the next day.

I think I read somewhere that the score is only based on your last 30 minutes of driving.

If you park up and let 30 minutes elapse, then there is no registered score.