So I went and bought a Jaaaag

12 hours ago, Tilt said:

Agreed.... I think the vertical split, I will say makes it look worse, as I am not really a fan of it's looks anyway.....

The Audi's have had the so called 'beard' look for years. Personally I think the A5 looks a hell of a lot nicer. 

If I could change one thing about the 4 series look, I'd do something about the rear 3/4 as to my eyes it looks a bit frumpy, not as elegant as something that long should be imho 

Actually something I hope a website like CarWow will do, is a drag race between the old M4 and the new M4. Obviously the standing start will be a forgone conclusion, but the acceleration test they do from 50mph might show the old car as being a tad quicker. I'm only basing this on the fact that the new car is a bit of a porker and will also lose a tiny bit of acceleration as it's a slush-matic rather than a DCT

Maybe the next M2 is the real successor. RWD, a bit lighter and hopefully with M4 bits on it. Oh and keep the cost down, you'd have to be mad to buy the current M2 CS, it's ridiculously expensive and not worth the hike over the regular CP version. Basically it's an M4 shoehorned into a shorter wheelbase and with a low rent interior. In fact, you could probably have got the (now discontinued) M4CS  for similar money to the M2CS in the real world and I certainly wouldn't swap down to the M2 for that one.

So can I have (please) a next gen M2 with 450+bhp, DCT and weighing no more than 1,600kg (preferable less, but that's as likely as Jeremy Corbyn opening a bagel shop) 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Haha 1

On 30/10/2020 at 15:10, Lady Elanore said:

Polo and Golf, Fiesta and Focus :( The exception seems to be chocolate, which is definitely becoming smaller! :wall:

Curly Wurlies were yard long back in the good ol' days

• Like 1

On 07/11/2020 at 20:56, vrskeith said:

You know... it doesn't look any worse for it.

But it's about the same as putting Shame McGowen in a tux.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having read a few UK reviews on the base 4 series model, it looks like the size is considered to be a bit of an issue. In particular the very long doors coupled with the girth of the car. It's a problem I have with my F82 model, so I imagine the M4 (G82) will be even worse

PLEASE don't post reviews of the standard car in here (you know who you are) as the G82 is a very different car to the G22 and there are a huge amount of reviews on the base model, which would swamp this thread if we start to post them. We can all simply post a link that we can't be arsed to read in the first place and make sensible comment on.

• Like 1

I think I posted in here a while back, My Friend had a Yas Marina Blue M4 but sold it last Year.

I have to say I am not a big fan of the Styling on the New Model, Not really on Topic but my Dads having a Mid-Life and he has sold all his Motorbikes and bought a 2016 BMW M5. I have yet to see it or Drive it due to the Lockdown Restrictions but he says it is a phenomenal Car. 

Just on the design front I saw an image of the new i7 this weekend - looks like it's already been driven into a wall during the design phase.

5 hours ago, bonelorry said:

.... my Dads having a Mid-Life and he has sold all his Motorbikes and bought a 2016 BMW M5. I have yet to see it or drive it due to the Lockdown Restrictions, but he says it is a phenomenal Car. 

Should be awesome :) 

• Like 1

the new M4 is smaller than my RR but still big enough to find supermarket parking a prblem

On 11/11/2020 at 17:22, Lady Elanore said:

Having read a few UK reviews on the base 4 series model, it looks like the size is considered to be a bit of an issue. In particular the very long doors coupled with the girth of the car. It's a problem I have with my F82 model, so I imagine the M4 (G82) will be even worse

Yeah it looks like it's big enough to be a pain in a supermarket car park.

Btw, anyone who thinks the next gen M3/4 is funny looking, I hope you are seated before viewing this next Mercedes masterpiece!!!!!

99-mercedes-maybach-s-class-2021-official-hero-front.jpg

75-mercedes-maybach-s-class-2021-official-hero-static-front.jpg

Edited by Lady Elanore

Hmmm...   Not great.  The metalwork is actually ok it's just the crass bling that's nasty...   it would be much better with a one colour paint job and different wheels...   And a smaller grille

• Like 1

I am of the opinion that most Briskodians will be more than accomplished enough, in their general erudition and education, to successfully endeavour in construing your verbiage correctly during a causal perusal 

Or put another way, we are not thick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, skomaz said:

Hmmm...   Not great.  The metalwork is actually ok it's just the crass bling that's nasty...   it would be much better with a one colour paint job and different wheels...   And a smaller grille

oddly, i dont mind that grill. 

i dislike the really chintzy lookin mesh where (imo) the fogs should be. 

the paint job is horrendous, and the overall shape gives a feel of "battered and rotted 1970s Rolls Royce owned by your broke neighbour who fancies himself as a bit of an antique dealer" 

thats an unusual descriotion for a car i know, but i hope it 

conveys adequately the image which I intended it to generate

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

oddly, i dont mind that grill. 

i dislike the really chintzy lookin mesh where (imo) the fogs should be. 

Actually looking again I reckon your right...   Do away with the fog mesh things and the grille would probably be OK.

On 19/11/2020 at 21:19, Lady Elanore said:

Btw, anyone who thinks the next gen M3/4 is funny looking, I hope you are seated before viewing this next Mercedes masterpiece!!!!!

Oh dear, that's looks like a Chinese knockoff of a Maybach.

But maybe that was the look they were going for since everything seems aimed at that market.

• 1 month later...