So I went and bought a Jaaaag

They are never going to be in front of you for long unless you are stuck in traffic because they always go for any gap up the road and then will be right up your jacksy and you can not see the front grill. 

They are an Ultimate Drivers car, an ultimate pillock considering UK speed limits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Personally I'd love it to be a flop to force them to change their design language to something more coherent and classy...   But it will probably sell well to the usual BMW 'look at me' brigade... 

9 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Personally I'd love it to be a flop to force them to change their design language to something more coherent and classy...   But it will probably sell well to the usual BMW 'look at me' brigade... 

who will act like Rick and morty fans to people who dont like it - " you just dont understand the complexity of the design". No, i do, i just think its asinine and i dont like it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the car is a stellar thing to drive and the price was right, it should find a home with the car enthusiasts. But the main problem is, I just specced one up and for about another £5k (in the real world) you could get yourself an M3 or possibly an M4) with similar spec, more room, a good deal more power and a lot more torques. It's not a cheap thing, but I expect the overall performance to be good. It may well be the purists choice over the RS3 or A45 CLA, but its price is putting it within striking distance of not only the M4 but also the Cayman GTS and even the F Type 450 (RIP soon 😞 )

Joe Achilles will probably buy one :D 

• 1 month later...

Soo this is a bit of a first world problem...

I was at a petrol station recently and as I exited the car, a notification popped up asking if I wanted to instal new software. This happens quite often on the car and is normally a background operation that doesn't interior with normal operations. So I figured why not, clicked "yes" and started to refill the tank. A few minutes later I jumped back in the car and pressed 'start'

Nothing!

Tried several times and nothing! Had I bricked the car? Looking at the centre display it said "23%" and I figured I'd just stop the update and move the car to the jet wash where it could carry on installing the mystery software. Nope! That doesn't work, can't cancel the update. What!!!??? After a couple more minutes of fiddling around I returned to the cashier with my head hung low and declared "the car at pump number 5 will be there for the next 20 minutes or so and won't start until it's finished its software update". I got a look of 'well it's a BMW isn't it!' and a few people rolled their eyes at me. I laughed, partly out of embarrassment and partly at the absurdity of the situation. Around 20 minutes later (I'd guessed about right) the car fired up as usual and I was back to normal....or least mostly back to normal, as many of the settings I had installed had been reset to default. 

:dull:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Groan 2

I suppose it was partly my own fault. It asked me if the cars to be locked and put in park mode, which I've never seen before. I now realise it was telling me it was a 'park it up at home and do this', sort of message. It was also around 600mb, so there was quite a bit of stuff integrated into the car. At the same time, my phone's remote operation has been upgraded to match the car's new software and so far seems to be very slick. First time that's happened to me and that with around 10 years of BMW ownership and all those cars being capable of over the air updates.

I'm wondering if it's part of the catch-up caused by the chip shortage. It took a few months to get 'Android Auto/Apple car play', after I bought the car and this was because of the chips BMW sourced not having the software/licence for the phone features, at least they didn't at the time of installation. It all woks seamlessly now too, except that update happened in the background as normal.

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The amazing thing about that extremely expensive and heavy car is it's only a few second slower around the dreaded Nürburgring than the saloon car it's based on! Not that much over 7 1/2 minutes. 

Well, the reviews for the M3 'Estate' are in and seem positive. Although £100K is a lot of money. How did we end up with a 3 series sporting saloon that weighs in around 2 tonnes (inc driver), £100k price tag that can hit 62 in around 3.5 seconds? I've put a link to Autocars brief test and I'm sure there are many others that you can all find for yourself, so please Keith DON'T simply fill this thread with links to Car, Autocar, Evo etc etc etc etc (although why I bother to ask I don't know, you never take any notice, but if you did actually start posting words of your own, I might take you off my Ignore list). There are also quite a few pictures of the rather green beastie in the article. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/bmw/m3-competition-touring

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Lady Elanore changed the title to So I went and bought a something silly...but in a good way....I think

OK so have you finally bought an F-type...??? 

That picture being a close up of the rear wing, edge of fuel filler door and the start of the wing crease that leads from the rear wing to the top of the door, with the chomey black bit top right being the rear side window bottom trim. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

• Lady Elanore changed the title to So I went and bought a Jaaaag

I can understand your thoughts re scum bags etc but I'm not sure I would have chopped the M for the F tbh despite the desire to own a V8. 

That said, I don't live where you do and car crime here, at least where I am in the here I am is almost unheard of. I don't even worry about locking my car once it's under the car port and I don't worry about going to bed leaving the front door unlocked either.

I doubt there's a better looking V8 Jag around though so I hope you're very happy with it. Maybe some seat covers are in order as I doubt I could stop wearing black jeans ever. 

8 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Crikey, that's more than a bit forensic!!!

Yeah...   Sorry...   I'd just done a 3 hr drive with my 83 year old deaf MIL so needed to wind down a bit...   And looking at pictures of F-types to confirm seemed an ideal way to do that. 

• Like 3