Changing from standard radio to single din

Hi I have a 2012 Octavia vrs and just bought the single din fascia from Halfords but once fitted I'm left with maybe an inch gap either side where the plastic trim doesn't cover or have they gave me the wrong fascia 

15340060007488792210778758538916.jpg

On 12/08/2018 at 09:46, Timmyboy said:

Looks like the one you bought fits the Columbus sized surround, so you could either buy the Columbus surround or a different single DIN adapter - something like this: (just a guess) 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F260569333612

IIRC this is what I bought for mine, not a perfect fit but close enough. You may need to find a quadlock adaptor and single din cage. I bought mine as a kit which I think cost me just under £30 at the time and had everything I needed (Was a Connects2 kit).

Should have kept with it as their Double Din kit is the worst fitting kit I've ever used!

I don't think that's possible unless you buy a canbus adapter for your headunit - best you could do is probably wiring to a switched live so the unit is only powered on when the key is in the 'on' position if you're looking to avoid accidentally leaving it playing and draining the battery. 

6 hours ago, Timmyboy said:

I don't think that's possible unless you buy a canbus adapter for your headunit - best you could do is probably wiring to a switched live so the unit is only powered on when the key is in the 'on' position if you're looking to avoid accidentally leaving it playing and draining the battery. 

I already have it wired to a switched live but can still turn it on and off with no key in 

Pass then, I know very little about this stuff. By definition though, you can't be wired to a switched live and able to turn it on and off both with and without using the key - unless your 'switch' is permanently switched on :)

What switched live have you used? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiilydog said:

You can do the key switch off with a canbus kit, but have you checked if the perm +ve and switched +ve are correctly wired up? 

You meaning the red and yellow wires am sure there red to red yellow to yellow