Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP Sports OIl Changes

K100RS

We own a Skoda Yeti 2011  2 Litre 110 and use grade 507 for oil changes from Halfords and have now purchased a 2010 Skoda Fabia for my sons first car.

As I already have three vehicles to service at home I did not want to purchase another type of oil.

As the Yeti uses the top oil for the DPF fitted is it ok to use this top 5W-30 oil instead of the normal 502 or 504 oils used in the Fabia engine. Would change the oil at every 8,000 miles and oil filter.

Also as it is from a garage seller would it be a good idea to change the gearbox oil at the same time. Fabia has 48700 miles indicated on the clock. Is it worth purchasing a Haynes Manual for this car as my Haynes Combo van manual is not very good having been printed in the USA. Need to go through the car before he drives off to the RAF.

Many thanks for any advice

That oil will be fine changed at that frequency.  Well worth doing frequent changes for chain-related wear reduction, whichever oil you choose, I think.

The gearbox oil could probably go a lot further, but a change every 50k miles doesn't seem madly extravagant.

Not sure how good/bad the mk2 Fabia Haynes is, but again, not expensive to acquire in the grand scheme of things. All of the info can be obtained for free on here, on sites like workshop-manuals.com (if you can put up with begging pop-ups) or for a small fee - cheaper than a Haynes manual - you can download pretty much unlimited servicing/maintenance/repair/wiring/educational material from erWin Skoda in a one hour download window.

• Like 1

The VW507 you use in the Yeti is  VW504 / 507.   so just fine where it shows VW502 for Fixed Servicing in Petrols and  VW504 for Fixed or Variable.

59fc1f3e14a29_SkodaFabiaengineoilcapacities.PNG.a7f691f357f02cfe9ea07e59c3b0eff3.PNG

Asda have to VW504 / 507,  5w 30 FS LL, 

not much more cost then the VW502 00 so 5w 40 FS.  Proper oil from an Oil Manufacturer.

DSCN4501.JPG

Edited by Offski

I dont believe Skoda actually list the gearbox oil as routine maintenance but I recon you could safely hit the 100,000 mile benchmark prior to NEEDING to change. it.

Haynes manual is very helpful and at around £20 or less, it will pay for its-self in no time! I am unsure as to this actual model but the manual does not include the VRS versions in at least any areas that differ (Most).

Thanks chaps for all the information. Will purchase some oil that can be used for the diesel 110 Yeti and the Fabia 1.2 litre engine. Trip to my local Asda next week to save some money on 5W-30 synthetic oil.

Don't have any info yet on the Fabia until it is delivered with the paperwork, any idea of how much oil is needed for the 1.2 litre petrol engine from 2010 3.6 litres as shown above from Offski ? Will be pumping out the old hot oil from the dipstick if possible and not going for the sump bolt.

Many thanks again

Flying Brick

• Like 1

Thanks Offski

All I have at the moment is the following until delivered this week.

Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP 12V Sport 5 door 2010 year. Cloud Blue.

Will go through all the normal checks once I have the car in my garage, have a ilexa  onboard diagnostics HEX-V2 box of tricks so can run a download on the assumption it is a OBD2 system ?

Again thanks for all the help and let you know what I find once delivered before my son gets his hands on the wheel.

Any well known problems to look for on the Fabia?

FlyingBrick

New Spark Plugs and Air Filter might be the best thing unless their are invoices showing those have been replaced recently, 

then check them anyway and if taking out the spark plugs you might as well have new ones to put in.

Easy to open the airbox and look see if a clean filter in there.

Edited by Offski