ESP Hill Start Assist

sureky thats illegal, wrongly advertised and misleading by their own admition. i'd be making noise about that myself. false advertising like. upon learning this information i would have thought you were perfectly within your rights to return the car and get a full refund as it has been deliberatly and intentionally wrongly advertised. very poor of them to tell you where to go i think :thumbdwn:

Which would make a lot of sense - can't believe Skoda would engineer a car where the clutch wore itself out by engaging continually at rest' date=' even if it is a metal oil-bath jobby. What happens on a hill I can't imagine, but when the new Octy 2 arrives at Easter I'll find out![/quote']

What you say makes sense except that I tried a little experiment. Facing uphill (slight incline) with Willberpog in gear, lifted my foot off the brake and using only idling, the car moved gently forward. Tried this again with the car in neutral and it instantly rolls back, therefore I surmise

Have to agree there, there is definately clutch slippage when in Drive.

One interesting point though, why doesn't it do the same in reverse? I hate doing reverse hill starts with the DSG. Actually take my foot off the break, then release the handbrake whilst depressing the accelerator. Seems the only way to stop the car rolling forwards down the slope. have no idea if this this the right ways to do it though?

What you say makes sense except that I tried a little experiment. Facing uphill (slight incline) with Willberpog in gear, lifted my foot off the brake and using only idling, the car moved gently forward. Tried this again with the car in neutral and it instantly rolls back, therefore I surmise

Yes' date=' my dear Lady, but was there not a tiny pause before Willberpog moved forwards? If so, the clutch took a moment to engage. Alternatively, the incline caused the Hill Start Assist to engage.

I maintain that Skoda would not have engineered a mechanical automatic transmission that did not disengage the clutch entirely at rest - whether in neutral or with foot on the brake.

Lummox?[/quote']

On my particular car there is no hesitation on creeping forward on the flat or a slight incline (perhaps it's maladjusted), but I feel sure I do not have hill-holder. Severe inclines take a moment before the clutch bites properly but I assume this is partly down to the engine management having to check on many parameters such as anti-stall, clutch take-up etc. I