Octavia Ambient Lighting

Oooh nice, ii have  got a new 2019 Octavia estate SE Tech coming Jan 2019.  Will this come with this feature as i can't see it listed in the standard spec? uk.

Definitely get this. It is totally pointless but quite good. I have it for no other reason than I like it. Has to be ordered at the time of ordering or soon after. Suggest you check with your dealer whether it can be added.

Found

http://www.skoda.co.uk/fleet/models/octavia-for-fleet

States i will get ambient lighting.

Asit's a company car i assume it comes under the ..Fleet..

quote from that page .....

The ŠKODA OCTAVIA’s spacious and premium interior makes it the perfect car for business. Practical features such as the electrically operated front seats and optional dynamic chassis control ensures you remain comfortable no matter how many journeys you make a week.

Available with a host of new Simply Clever features such as the dual automatic climate control system, tasteful ambient lighting and a customisable key that allows multiple users to save their own vehicle settings, the ŠKODA OCTAVIA has everything you need to assist you on your drive, letting you focus on the day ahead.

Looking forward to getting the Skoda. But having been used to Ford cars, the Skoda websites/info/specs etc are not as easy to get details from compared to other manufactures.

Edited by Guest

On 01/12/2018 at 13:37, 1saintly said:

Oooh nice, ii have  got a new 2019 Octavia estate SE Tech coming Jan 2019.  Will this come with this feature as i can't see it listed in the standard spec? uk.

It's not std equipment on cheap models :biggrin:

Seriously - can't honestly say but you're spot on when you say details not easy to come by. Skoda make things very difficult, even when a garage advertises a car, they tend to use a generic cut 'n paste than accurately describe that particular vehicle. It can become frustrating trying to get a description with any accuracy.

Edited by Guest

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:44, Swirly182 said:

Worth it though. Love this feature, always gets noticed by passengers especially when set to purple.

Currently my favourite colour but I change every 6 months to stop getting bored. Tried Red and Green before.:party:

trying to do this with an older car... it's possible with WS2812s and an Arduino anyway. Full remote control ought to be possible with some WS2812s, Blynk and a Wemos D1....

- Bret

On 01/12/2018 at 22:14, 1saintly said:

Found

http://www.skoda.co.uk/fleet/models/octavia-for-fleet

States i will get ambient lighting.

Asit's a company car i assume it comes under the ..Fleet..

quote from that page .....

The ŠKODA OCTAVIA’s spacious and premium interior makes it the perfect car for business. Practical features such as the electrically operated front seats and optional dynamic chassis control ensures you remain comfortable no matter how many journeys you make a week.

Available with a host of new Simply Clever features such as the dual automatic climate control system, tasteful ambient lighting and a customisable key that allows multiple users to save their own vehicle settings, the ŠKODA OCTAVIA has everything you need to assist you on your drive, letting you focus on the day ahead.

Looking forward to getting the Skoda. But having been used to Ford cars, the Skoda websites/info/specs etc are not as easy to get details from compared to other manufactures.

Ambient Lighting isn't included on the SE Tech range - attached is the latest specification. 

I'll hopefully confirm in the next couple of days, if one of the other members who already have theirs doesn't before hand.

SE Technology specification guide - July 18.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 02:54, shyVRS245 said:

Currently my favourite colour but I change every 6 months to stop getting bored. Tried Red and Green before.:party:

So mid Feb 2019 after 18 months gone to Orange for the next 6 months on the ambient lighting. Initially wasn't sure but I am WARMING to it slowly.:emoticon-0157-sun: