Who's got a Rallye Green VRS?

Can't decide what colour to order! I was thinking black, but now going completely the other way and thinking about ordering Rallye Green (despite being, err, the wrong side of 40, and green being a little "shouty"). For some reason I think green looks better on the pre-facelift, don't know why, and I know it's subjective, but who's got Rallye Green and are you still pleased you've got a green car, or have you regretted it?

It's not really going to make an impact on my decision, but what do people think it does to residuals? Personally I like bright cars, so it would be a positive for me, but I can see it would put some (a lot?!) of people off, so selling to a smaller market?

Lastly, if anyone's got any pics of their Rallye cars, particularly if it's a facelift estate with 18" alloys, then post them up and convince me!!

My wife's car is a Fabia Monte Carlo in rallye green and it looks stunning in a small car. I have seen a Vrs in the same colour and it's just not right. Mine is a black Vrs estate

It's a very "Marmite" colour, in that you'll love it or hate it.

It was on the choice of colours when I was deciding mine and the problem was it looks different in different light and also it stands out like a proverbial sore thumb.

I did think about the Meteor Grey, but that's sooo last year! Looks quite nice, but again it's a "Marmite" colour, but suits the FL version, just as Quartz Grey does, which is very understated.

The Race Blue isn't an exclusive RS colour anymore, but it's a classic, suits it well, the Velvet Red is a rip off @ £685 and doesn't look very metallic! 

The Black is nice, again understated, menacing, but it'll show the dirt and scratches horrendously quickly. Not seen brilliant silver one yet either, hides dirt & scratches well.

Race yellow looks the dogs danglies. There's one in Helsinki I've seen multiple times. 

@Petunet has a green one. It's very green. 

I'd rather go deep green - Highland -  as it would be rare but subtle. 

- Bret

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brettikivi said:

Race yellow looks the dogs danglies. There's one in Helsinki I've seen multiple times. 

@Petunet has a green one. It's very green. 

I'd rather go deep green - Highland -  as it would be rare but subtle. 

- Bret

I have seen a yellow one here in Tampere and it really is not for me... That was VERY yellow - and not a nice shade ;)

Go for it i say always nice to be a tad different ,thats why i went for meteor grey and love the colour ,but i do like the green and you dont see many about either .

I've had mine for more than 2 years now and I have never regretted the colour.

In fact in January whenI was getting back to my car in a parking garage at a shopping center I was focused on my phone and I quickly glanced my surroundings and saw a very good looking car. It took a second to realize it was mine...

46484235911_5177f37589_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brackett said:

Can't decide what colour to order! I was thinking black, but now going completely the other way and thinking about ordering Rallye Green (despite being, err, the wrong side of 40, and green being a little "shouty"). For some reason I think green looks better on the pre-facelift, don't know why, and I know it's subjective, but who's got Rallye Green and are you still pleased you've got a green car, or have you regretted it?

It's not really going to make an impact on my decision, but what do people think it does to residuals? Personally I like bright cars, so it would be a positive for me, but I can see it would put some (a lot?!) of people off, so selling to a smaller market?

Lastly, if anyone's got any pics of their Rallye cars, particularly if it's a facelift estate with 18" alloys, then post them up and convince me!!

If you are at all concerned with residuals look at what the market likes. Last 2 years most popular colours have been Grey, Black and White (they are boring choices I know). They will hold their price better however as secondhand buyers like the same colours as new buyers. We had a Rallye Green Vrs and Spaceback Sport SE Rapid at the same time in 2015 for a few months but they both suffered minor bodywork damage so I did wonder whether green was an unlucky colour.:thinking:

i almost bought a Rallye Green and still like the colour but ended up with meteor grey which i wouldnt swap and it has that VAG sporty heritage as Nardo Grey is a Audi RS only colour and Porsche as well so ties in with that. Green and grey are rare but all i see are blue and white RSs everywhere :thinking: it still stands out just not in a 'sore thumb' kind of way :giggle:

lowerlip-protector.thumb.jpg.62406e929f4eda33eede9fa147df2d06.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1

Be brave, you only live once.

Meteor grey is the exception, but any of the other 500 different shades of grey VAG churn out, avoid like the plague.

Who wants a car to match the wet road it's going to spend most of its life on!?

Platinum grey, Quartz grey, Business grey... Zzzzzz...

Better still, grow a pair, bin off the Octavia and get a Superb in Dragon Green...

Image result for skoda superb dragon green

Related image

The best colour. Hides dirt well. Shines in the sunshine. Not common. When I bought it in Jan 15 one or two said ‘What made you choose it?’ Now I only get ‘ Nice colour’. Lastly, you can find it really easily in a car park full of black, grey cars. Second choice would be Corrida red ...again :biggrin:354FACC6-B608-4857-98A5-FB6FA9082777.thumb.jpeg.4b2cdb84256b4dabf1c8ba1759296c0a.jpeg

• Like 1

If that Rallye green was a free option and no factory order required I'd have had that, sadly it wasn't so mine is Corrida Red as its is leased ;) No regrets for a freebee colour.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

It's a very "Marmite" colour, in that you'll love it or hate it.

It was on the choice of colours when I was deciding mine and the problem was it looks different in different light and also it stands out like a proverbial sore thumb.

I did think about the Meteor Grey, but that's sooo last year! Looks quite nice, but again it's a "Marmite" colour, but suits the FL version, just as Quartz Grey does, which is very understated.

The Race Blue isn't an exclusive RS colour anymore, but it's a classic, suits it well, the Velvet Red is a rip off @ £685 and doesn't look very metallic! 

The Black is nice, again understated, menacing, but it'll show the dirt and scratches horrendously quickly. Not seen brilliant silver one yet either, hides dirt & scratches well.

The velvet red is absolutely stunning once it's been cleaned and polished. Then 4 miles later its ditched again! It has a gold flake in the paint which is lovely in the sun. It does need washing alot though!

Love my rallye green octy RS ;) always wanted a rallye green RS from the first time i seen the MK2 fabia RS in the colour B).

i've had my octy RS 2 years in june and i still love it to bits :inlove: i even got the day to day run around in rallye green :D

octy RS.jpg

hol 2018 08.JPG

• Like 4