Best map for.....

xCarlx

Hi Guys, Ive had my heart set on a Fabia, but an offer too good to pass up has come by for a 2011 MK5 Golf TDI 2.0

As it has the same/similar engine to skodas, would you be able to recommend the best map for the Golf? Im not looking to rag it but i want the extra power/torque when needed.

Thanks guys

Guess that is the 138bhp engine. Where are you in the country (UK)? If anywhere near London then AmD in Essex very good with mapping. Would expect that engine to give at least 175bhp and close to 300lb/ft torque. Shaun or Ben are the guys to speak to and they even do interest free payment over 12 months to make it more affordable.:clap:

HI there, yeah its a 138bhp, im from Birmingham.

I have heard of AmD though but i think Essex will be too far for me :-(

Interest free payments for a map though!! How much is it? When i got my Fiesta ST mapped (Dreamscience) i think it was about £250.

They are not cheap but I have travelled from Leicestershire 6 times in the last 16 years because they really know their stuff. Think it's 10% deposit (£50 down) then £37.49 x 12 monthly payments. My Octavia 2.0Tdi went from (2013) 147bhp to 186bhp and 246 to 317lb/ft torque yet could still average 70mpg (71mpg when standard).If you want a very reliable, quality job with before and after dyno graphs then you have to pay for it.:biggrin:

Tbh £500 isnt toooooo much, i hear what you are saying though. If i could get 300lb/ft, it be sweet.

Im coming from petrol (MK6 Fiesta ST) so im still trying to get my head around this torque. My car was about 150-160 lb/ft torque after all of its mods.

Ill give them a bell and see what they can do, 2 and half hour drive though :-( at least its not petrol lol

Thank you!!

No problem well worth the trip. I usually set off around 0430-0500 to beat the traffic on the M25 and you take J30 just before the Dartford Tunnel. Will go down with you and can show you best place to get a cheap but great breakfast if I'm not working. PM me if you decide to use them. My Vrs petrol has 380lb/ft of torque, more than a 395bhp Audi RS3, YET GIVES 45MPG on a motorway.:thumbup:

• Like 1

M8 thats very kind of you, ill keep that in mind! Wow 380lb/ft

I'm looking forward to a car with actual torque unlike my fiesta ST where i had to red line it to get going (compared to other quick cars).

Ill have to get the Cam belt done more than likely too, my luck it will snap immediately if its due a change haha

• Like 1