Front crossmember replacement

hello, newbie here. 

Ive just bought a crashed fabia for my other half’s new car. I need to replace the front crossmember, I think it’s called? 

Any tips on how to get it off would be greatly appreciated. Will the radiator need to come off too?

32E03A7B-612A-46DA-9B68-FF884C672002.jpeg

35F4DB2A-6971-4442-9B40-36CA040214C3.jpeg

As far as I can remember (it was a few years ago) you have to remove the crash bar which is bolted on either side, there should be torx screws on top and both sides of the cross member and it should remove fairly easy, it also holds the inter cooler on so make sure that’s supported underneath. Someone with a fresher memory should be along to help.

Edited by LGM
  • Like 1

Yep remove the bumper/ crash bar 4 torx bolts then label wiring etc for sensors, horn etc what you have circled in red supports the headlamps and radiator and fan assembly Haynes do a manual 

good luck

Edited by joedemp
  • Like 1

Maybe "lock carrier" is the VW Group word for that - though I could be wrong in this case!

I'm really just offering this info in case you go looking for one and crossmember should only turn up the lower beam.