Windscreen washer pump issue

Yesterday I've figured out that my windscreen washing isn't working, abut the xenon washers are doing their job properly. Today I've dismantled what I could, it seems that the pump is dead (or very close*), part no. 1K5 955 651. But, the thing is, there is no power to the connector as well. When you press the washer lever, no power ... I've also tried with the VCDS by sending the pump signal, no power to the connector. Following the available schematics, it seems the windscreen washer pump is directly connected to the J519 - Vehicle voltage control unit, but there is no mention of any relay or whatever, and it would seem it is directly connected to it (the headlamp washer pump has its own relay). Any ideas what to try next? t doesn't make sense that the J519 would be directly hit be the power surge or something from the faulty pump, without at least some kind of relay in between. I can easily replace the pump, but without any power to the connector, no cigar.

pic.jpg

* actually, the pump is officially dead ... :D

pump.jpg

After repairing the washer pump, it took a day until the car figured out it is properly functioning once again. I've already started to plan how to check all the wiring, and the next day tried the washer stalk just for fun, and voila - the pump was working ... in a few days I'll be doing a regular service @ 190.000 km. All parts (filters, Castrol oil, Bosch AeroTwins) are 85 GBP ... on the next service interval I'll need to to the DSG oil/filter once again.

2 minutes ago, superbdreams said:

you were aware that j519 is not permanently live but is switched somehow?

Yes ... the headlamp washers were working flawlessy every 3rd or 4th stalk action (as designed), while the windscreen washing pump didn't (due to the pump failure) ... no errors via VCDS. After repairing the pump, it didn't immediately work (maybe some fail protect mechanism was triggered), until the next day.