Another Newbie

Hello, This is my first post. I am about to buy a Superb Estate 2019 L&K 190.

I don’t know anything about Adblue, I don’t think it existed when I bought my last car 10 years ago. How much do you add to a tank full of diesel & how long does it last ? 

Is there any difference in brands & do you add it at the normal fuel station by pump or do you buy it separately and add it like a fuel additive.

Thanks. 

DO NOT ADD IT TO THE DIESEL TANK

Adblue goes in a separate tank, the filler cap is next to the diesel filler cap.

The car will tell you when it needs topping up and how much to add.

You can buy it from the pump at some filling stations (usually near the HGV pumps) or you can buy it in containers to fill yourself from dealers, motor factors, filling stations and supermarkets.

• Like 1

Bigmick has it right. Just to add, you will get about 9,000 miles from a tank of adblue. The car will tell you when you have 1,500 miles left and the amount that needs to be put in (as a range). From your profile you are in the UK, so it will give you the figures in gallons. I have the same car as you and when mine gives the 1,500 mile warning I put a 10 litre refill from Halfords in at a cost of about £12. It's even cheaper if you can find a local garage that has a self serve pump. On mine, once refilled it still gives the warning immediately after I've filled it,  but this goes away after a few seconds. It's a complete non-event.

PS: welcome and enjoy the new car - the L&K is phenomenal. :)

Thanks For that. I am looking forward to getting the car home. It arrives on Thursday. I am sure I will have 100’s of questions when I start using it. I started reading the owners manual on line, & I think Concords instruction book might have been an easier read ! 

I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to cars, I tend to keep each one until it won’t go anymore ! My average must be at least 10 years out of each. I started off with  Morris Minor 1000, with starting handle - ah happy days.

It seems like only yesterday I was adding 2 stroke oil to my Puch 3 speed moped petrol tank, which I had ‘brimmed’ for 17p. It was from one of those pump dispensers on garage forecourts which delivered each shot at various ratios 20:1 , 25:1 , 50:1 depending on model. It seems strange that things have come full circle & I’m using additives in fuel all these years later. I also seem to remember adding something called Redex I think to the petrol in my early cars.

Anyway, sorry for wandering off into history, & thanks again for the advice.