Bad Day At Dealership

Critch, I feel for you, nobody likes to see their car badly treated by teenage oiks whose job is to wash it, not use it for cheap thrills. Probably more of this does go on than we generally get to see, though :(

Can I just remind everybody that we are all entitled to our opinions, but that personal abuse absolutely is not tolerated on Briskoda - see the bottom of every page. Please keep it polite. Thanks.

Reading this makes me very mad :mad:. I'm just glad I managed to get £300 of freebies chucked in for the sake of a 20 minute quick drive in my car, so I suppose if I look at it that way I can say it's quite a cheap way to make money, but at the same time it really p$$es me off. Glad I atleast got some compensation for it...

It's quite scary how often this happens. I happened to get chatting to a local sprayer recently (whilst he was sorting a dealer scrape on my Fabia) and he had a lot of stories about the stuff he's seen whilst working on cars at the dealers.

Recent one was a Honda mechanic having to pressure wash the S2000 he had "test driven" to remove the mud from where he had powerslide into a ditch...

Or the Audi mechanics taking him for a spin in the hot A6's...

Hewesy

Agree that this is an all-too-common event.

If you witness this sort of thing or have proof you should definitely use this proof to go to town on the dealer concerned though.

Very interesting to hear of using the little trip computer to monitor what the car gats up to when under the dealer's 'care'.

I'll be making sure I reset mine when the new fabia goes in tomorrow morning!

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED

Apologies if that was me and I offended anyone. :orb_angel

When we were looking at an octy vRS dealer drove it out of showroom and said he would send lad with us for some petrol, teenage oik got in with me wife and bairn and proceeded to rev car to red line in 1st and 2nd to 'show' me what it could. As the car was a six month old example that they were trying to flog me I politely declined after this test run. Suspect tho that this will be how all demonstrators etc will be treated.

Surely if there is no need for a test drive then this is a straight forward case of TWOC?

I would allow them to offer all sorts of compensation and then name and shame them afterwards just to show them that this is totally out of order. As it seems to be obvious that the employers are turning a blind eye. And I would nut the spotty little ****s too (but only if I had pmt :o )

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but please don't think that all dealers are like this, if I saw my car or a customers car being abused at our dealership like this someone would be getting a p45.

This is unacceptable behaviour towards the very people who ultimately pay our salaries, the dealer concerned will be forced to deal with the problem if you vote with your feet and take your custom elsewhere.

From Critch's posts, it's a third party valet company, not the dealer's own staff. All Skoda can do is complain to the dealer, all the dealer can do is switch to a different valet company. The oik concerned probably won't even get warned.

hi there

cheers everybody for your replies to my problem at the dealership my wife who works for the police is looking into this matter to find out what we can do and how to go about it legally.

I`m in the process of writing a letter to the actual company who own the brand HAYSELDON to voice my opinion and explain what went on and this will be sent to a local doncaster paper as you said bad publicity is not good and I wonder if other customers would like to know how their cars are treated when they are in the supposed caring hands of hayseldon skoda.

cheers for everything

critch

hi there

cheers everybody for your replies to my problem at the dealership my wife who works for the police is looking into this matter to find out what we can do and how to go about it legally.

I`m in the process of writing a letter to the actual company who own the brand HAYSELDON to voice my opinion and explain what went on and this will be sent to a local doncaster paper as you said bad publicity is not good and I wonder if other customers would like to know how their cars are treated when they are in the supposed caring hands of hayseldon skoda.

cheers for everything

critch

Good on you mate, keep us posted on how things turn out; ok?

:thumbup:

dropped my fabia off at the dealer's this morning for its warranty work but I forgot to reset the trip.

One quick u-turn at the lights later and I'm back at the dealer because I'd "forgotten to get something out the car" ;) Multi-function computer is now reset and I'll be able to see what my motor gets up to over the next few days!!!

God help whoever is involved if it comes back with some ridiculous fuel consumption on it!

God help whoever is involved if it comes back with some ridiculous fuel consumption on it!

If it's at the dealers near St Mary's, I wouldn't worry about them ragging the car too much - seemed to take excellent care of mine when I was out of view ;)

Chris

dropped my fabia off at the dealer's this morning for its warranty work but I forgot to reset the trip.

One quick u-turn at the lights later and I'm back at the dealer because I'd "forgotten to get something out the car" ;) Multi-function computer is now reset and I'll be able to see what my motor gets up to over the next few days!!!

I hope you reset trip2 then switched the dsiplay back to trip 1 ?

Dont forget trip1 resets after a couple of hours.

Also the mileage recorded in trip2 is the key, dont be alarmed if you see 10 MPG and just 1 mile recorded as you'd get that from trundling round the car park and idling in the workshop.

If it's at the dealers near St Mary's' date=' I wouldn't worry about them ragging the car too much - seemed to take excellent care of mine when I was out of view ;)

Chris[/quote']

Yeh it is!!! Good to know ... thanks!!!

If only the sales lot would take responsibilty for my dashboard scratch I'd be 100% pleased! ;)

I hope you reset trip2 then switched the dsiplay back to trip 1 ?

Dont forget trip1 resets after a couple of hours.

Also the mileage recorded in trip2 is the key' date=' dont be alarmed if you see 10 MPG and just 1 mile recorded as you'd get that from trundling round the car park and idling in the workshop.[/quote']

Seeing as I can't quite understand that I'm pretty sure I did it wrong!

I just held down the button and reset something. I'd better have a decent read of the computer section in the manual later on!!! :D