2020 F1 Discussion

camelspyyder

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Mercedes appear to have scored a spectacular own goal.

I thought it was the mother of all f**k up's :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well 1st and 2nd converted into 8th and 9th. Bet Bottas can't believe his last 3 race finishes. Russell would have got better service if he had pulled into Kwik Fit. Perez as I keep saying needs the RBR second seat next season after that recovery drive. Massive day for Racing Point with 40 points.......at least a Mercedes engine won the race. :D

• Like 1

For Russell the pitstop was a disaster of the teams making and the puncture was a tragedy. Four pitstops for Russell and he only finished 3 seconds behind Bottas. 

• Like 1

Perez did a good job to win considering that he was punted around by Leclerc on the first lap and he pitted for tyres at the end of that lap.   

Last to first.

When Button did it, he was hailed as a miracle worker. 

When Clark made up a whole lap to lead at Monza the same.

Watson leading a Mclaren 1-2 winning from 22-23 on the grid is amazing.

But Perez achievement is completely overshadowed by Russell's woes at the moment.

Hopefully it will later go down in history alongside the other greatest F1 race comebacks.

Which Bahrain track is best for F1?

1 The GP circuit

2 The endurance circuit (2010 GP)

The perimeter circuit (2020 GP#2)

I thought the short track was pretty exciting to be honest. I reckon they should try it again.

Not  convnced those 3 make for an exciting race around this track. McLaren Vs Racing Point might be what with Perez coming from the back with a fresh engine and tyres

Edited by camelspyyder

Well, I had to step away from my race stream to eat a roast dinner, but nothing happened in the meantime... In fact nothing happened all afternoon.

Congratulations RedBull but otherwise, what a non-event. Its never been a track that promotes good racing, but it does attract money - just like Monaco.

Having watched SPOTY 2020 and Lewis Hamilton voted the winner for a second time after first winning in 2014 after his 2nd World Title I find it surprising that not one person has acknowledged his achievement on here. Surely the next big announcement will be in the Queen's New Year Honours List when finally his great sporting achievements will be recognised by the Nation and we hear arise Sir Lewis Hamilton.

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Having watched SPOTY 2020 and Lewis Hamilton voted the winner for a second time after first winning in 2014 after his 2nd World Title I find it surprising that not one person has acknowledged his achievement on here.

Speaking personally I find SPOTY not worth watching any more, and the silly business with Tyson Fury has just added to that impression.

That doesn't in any way reduce the massive respect I have for the achievement of Lewis Hamilton in passing the records of Michael Schumacher (sorry I cannot respect Schumacher for the way his need to win drove him to cheat), that Lewis achieved this all within the rules make it even more impressive.

I would have loved to see Lewis race against Ayrton Senna, I will never forget watching his amazing driving skill in the wet at Donington Park in 1993 where he made all the other F1 drivers look like learners IMHO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Speaking personally I find SPOTY not worth watching any more, and the silly business with Tyson Fury has just added to that impression.

That doesn't in any way reduce the massive respect I have for the achievement of Lewis Hamilton in passing the records of Michael Schumacher (sorry I cannot respect Schumacher for the way his need to win drove him to cheat), that Lewis achieved this all within the rules make it even more impressive.

I would have loved to see Lewis race against Ayrton Senna, I will never forget watching his amazing driving skill in the wet at Donington Park in 1993 where he made all the other F1 drivers look like learners IMHO.

I was actually at Donington for that very wet weekend and needed a push in the sodden car park to unstick my mid-engined Toyota MR2 GT.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Heres a name drop....I was working on that race and actually stood on the grid just before the start :) I remember seeing the used tyres piled up behind the pits steaming in the rain. Wish I had a camera with me at the time. Amazing day and I got paid for being there, double win :) I nearly broke Alain Prosts nose cone (his cars), but that's another story :D 

• Like 2

I was asked to step back by an official and I felt something under my foot!!!!! (they are very low cars and it was a bit of a rugby scrum at the time :blush

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Having watched SPOTY 2020 and Lewis Hamilton voted the winner for a second time after first winning in 2014 after his 2nd World Title I find it surprising that not one person has acknowledged his achievement on here. Surely the next big announcement will be in the Queen's New Year Honours List when finally his great sporting achievements will be recognised by the Nation and we hear arise Sir Lewis Hamilton.

There hasn't been a post war motor racing driver knighted during his career. All 3 were long retired when they were awarded.

The only active racers knighted were Segrave and Campbell (awarded for LSR achievements though).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton is awarded...the Honours Committee seem far more egalitarian these days.:thumbup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

There hasn't been a post war motor racing driver knighted during his career. All 3 were long retired when they were awarded.

The only active racers knighted were Segrave and Campbell (awarded for LSR achievements though).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton is awarded...the Honours Committee seem far more egalitarian these days.:thumbup:

I was comparing him to our Olympic rower Steve Redgrave and cyclist Chris Hoy who were knighted at a relatively young age.

• Like 1