2020 F1 Discussion

camelspyyder

i only just watched the video of the crash...

1. the fact the safety cell went through the barrier is ridiculous 

2. the fact the cell went rgrough the barrier probably saved him.. the amount of energy he would have absorbed if the barrier stopped him would have been carnage..

3. the fire ball from the ruptured fuel tank..  christ

52 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

George Russel on Facebook. Appears to have the Mercedes drive next week!

BBC also reporting that Russell has the Mercedes drive. 

20 hours ago, mac11irl said:

i only just watched the video of the crash...

1. the fact the safety cell went through the barrier is ridiculous 

2. the fact the cell went rgrough the barrier probably saved him.. the amount of energy he would have absorbed if the barrier stopped him would have been carnage..

3. the fire ball from the ruptured fuel tank..  christ

1. Yes. why is that barrier even there along the straight? Protecting what appears to be a decorative orchard/wood?

2. Cars through Armco has pretty much always been fatal before. This time the halo held its shape and saved his head.

3. Not only the fuel but the battery exploded and caught fire too.

I think point 1 is key. The landscaping of the circuit seems to have put a needless hazard alongside the track, which has then been ignored for years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Both HAAS drivers now confirmed for 2021 Russian Mazepin will be joined by young Mick Schumacher after probably clinching the F2 title this year.:party:

Even if Brit Calum Illot beats him to the title Mick has still got the nod.  Not much of an F1 chance though Haas?

If K-Mag cant get anything out of that car, a 2 rookie team are going to have an uphill struggle I think.

1 minute ago, camelspyyder said:

Even if Brit Calum Illot beats him to the title Mick has still got the nod.  Not much of an F1 chance though Haas?

If K-Mag cant get anything out of that car, a 2 rookie team are going to have an uphill struggle I think.

To be fair anything with a FERRARI POWER UNIT has struggled this year compared to 2019.:happy:

• Like 1

Mazepin has to finish in the top 7 in GP2 to get a F1 Superlicence.

He's currently 3rd, but it is still mathematically possible for him to drop to 8th (highly improbable) and not qualify for F1.

HAAS would be looking for another pay driver I guess?

HAAS and Williams replacements struggling in FP1 with such a short circuit (how many laps is the race?). Despite being 4 or 5" too tall for the car designed for Lewis and wearing smaller racing shoes than normal for him, Russell sets the pace ahead of Max, Albon and Bottas with a lap of 54.5 seconds. Go GEORGE.............

Because of the budget cap of $145 million per team next year Ferrari designer loaned to HAAS for 2021 who will pay his wages. More personnel expected to follow him to HAAS to reduce the team's wage bill. More teams likely to follow this approach to avoid making staff redundant.

1 minute ago, moley said:

Flying start from Verstappen.................flew straight off of the track.

Guess those soft tyres not such of an advantage after all with cold brakes and a lock up. Handed Bottas 2nd in the Championship if he finishes strongly in this race.

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Guess those soft tyres not such of an advantage after all with cold brakes and a lock up. Handed Bottas 2nd in the Championship if he finishes strongly in this race.

Cold tyres and a hot head is not a good combination.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1