Any recommendation for key cutting, cloning and coding Surrey/Sussex area?

J.R.

Title says it all really, the last remaining job on my new Yeti is to get a second key, it will need to be cut, coded and the vehicle coded to accept it, preferably a mobile service as the vehicle is not taxed although if local to Gatwick area I could co-incide it with the export journey.

Needs to be someone recommended and reasonable money, I am stuck here for an indeterminate time after an eye operation on Wednesday and have to avoid my usual full on activity, a good time to get stuff like that done.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump to bring this to the top again, if anyone has any recommendations please speak now as I will have to return to France soon.

Thankyou.

• 4 weeks later...

Reading an old thread I saw a tip that could work to avoid the expense and inconvenience of having a new key's immobiliser chip programmed or cloned.

The suggestion was to remove the existing and only remaining immobliser chip from the keyfob and to glue it into position under the steering column shroud within the reading area of the inductive coil, then to just have a spare key (minus immobiliser chip) cut.

Aside from having less security can anyone see any problems with this scheme? Maybe with the Canbus remaining active because doors are locked but key still seen as present in ignition barrel.

If I bought an Ebay 3 button keyfob and had it cut + removed the RFID chip would I be able to code that remote to the central locking using VCDS?

Finally, and this might possibly be an economic solution, if I bought said key is there anyone on Ebay or mobile that can simply clone the new RFID chip to the old one? I could then get the key cut and do the VCDS programming.

• 4 weeks later...

The larger Timpsons places will cut a key, but at a price ( circa £100), where as a lot of locksmiths will do it at a bit less. I only mention it, as I'm not suggesting it, but both ofthe major breakdown services provide key replacement. One costs a little as £20 per year 😉😉

They cannot code or clone the immobiliser chip and that has to be done plugged into the vehicle.

I had one cut, coded & initilaised by a Polish guy in London on a Sunday afternoon for £90, it was the proper 3 button remote a new Chinese shell with recycled VAG circuit board, they cost £150 alone, with my current sight problems I was dead pleased to be able to do the journey at the quitest time.